HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a buddy of mine who I've known since we were 12 and who also got me into guns hates my P7. Every time we head to the range and I pull my P7 out, he whispers under his breath, "I hate that gun."

He's only put one magazine through it and didn't even get a feel for how accurate the P7 is, how well it points, and how sweet that trigger is. I understand that not everyone is going to love the P7, but all that aside, the marvel of the P7's design is enough for anyone to not "hate" it.

I guess my question is, for those fellow P7 owners...anyone else have the P7 hate happening to them?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Get new friends. And yes, my Glock fanboy friends do not get my P7 or HK fetish.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He doesn't really tell me why...he's not too keen on the unique squeeze cocker, but I remember when I first shot a P7 it was a bit strange, but it felt great in my hands. So, I can understand the first time someone picks one up and shoots it, it may be a little out of their comfort level, but to "hate" it every time it rears its beautiful self?? I've always told him to put some rounds through it and you'll quickly fall in love with the accuracy and trigger.

He's owned many, many guns...probably over a 100 different guns so it's not like he's not well rounded in different firearms. For whatever reason, he just hates it.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have one friend who's been through all the tactical shooting schools and he swears up and down that the HK's & hammer fired guns are the worst guns ever. He finds no logic in why I like and prefer H&K's over everything else.

He shoots and carries an M&P so I consider the source. :0)

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Before I got in to HK I remember seeing a P7 in a some magazine and I remember thinking to myself "damn that's a weird ugly looking thing of a gun, wth?" some odd years after that I fell in love with the USP and not long after that I realized how great the P7 was and respected it for what it is, a mechanical marvel. Even though I don't own one, I sure would like to some day.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I out-shoot all of my HK hating friends so it doesn't matter what they say. The first time I went to the range with my suppressed Tactical, I heard juvenile titterings from the next lane over. They were chiding me for being tacticool. I ran my target out past theirs and sent a tight group down range quick as a whip and ran the target back for them to see. Could have been my hearing protection, but I didn't hear the peanut gallery chuckling anymore.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Eh, people are going to have their personal preferences. Before I became more familiar with H&K handguns, I was mystified as to why anyone would pay well over $800 on average for a polymer frame pistol of any sort. I'm a huge SIG Sauer fan through and through (I own a P220 .45, an SP2022 9mm and a P238 .380) and I get a lot of static for it on here. This despite stellar accuracy, dependability and quality in my and most everyone else's experience and estimation.

I wouldn't even bother reading too much into it personally. Just chalk it up as his loss.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same story with me. Now I must have one. Maybe 2...

Before I got in to HK I remember seeing a P7 in a some magazine and I remember thinking to myself "damn that's a weird ugly looking thing of a gun, wth?" some odd years after that I fell in love with the USP and not long after that I realized how great the P7 was and respected it for what it is, a mechanical marvel. Even though I don't own one, I sure would like to some day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some people I have handed mine to try to hold it like a typical gun. They don't allow the p7 to slide down with the beaver tail resting directly in the web of the hand. This causes them to lose some control and it prevents them from taking advantage of the low bore axis.
If you can get him to try it again be on the lookout for that.
On the other hand, if he doesn't like the P7, there's at least one more in the world available to us! :)
I don't know how he could even question the heritage or design. Just look at this early prototype of the K3

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have one friend who's been through all the tactical shooting schools and he swears up and down that the HK's & hammer fired guns are the worst guns ever.
Yes, and your American Navy SEALs and our German KSK use hammer fired pistols because they are morons. Your buddy should tell them that his pistol is superior.

I suppose they would answer your buddy: "When we put two rounds through your heart and one through your head, you won't know the difference."

:wink:

BTW: KSK has just ordered P30 pistols.
PS: Navy SEAL talks about 9 mm: www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KTVBYlHsIRY#t=86s

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn't like the P7 at first either, I always thought it was a stupid gun. After hearing so much about it I decided to look more into it. I realized that you pretty much love it or hate it. The one's who love it, are among a cult following. The one's who hate it share your friend's viewpoint, and that's OK. After learning about the P7 history, I learned to appreciate it and now I really like it. So much, I bought one from my across the street neighbor who couldn't wait to get rid of his for a phenomenal buyers price, he had it for 28 years and only shot 4 mags through it. Now I am a P7 owner, nothing fancy about mine, just an ordinary '83 Arlington PSP in near mint condition, he put it back in the original box and never fired it again. The P7 is different from anything else and is a completely unique and widely used reject that is awesome...that's why I love it...Confusing but true.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Some people... don't allow the p7 to slide down with the beaver tail resting directly in the web of the hand. This causes them to lose some control and it prevents them from taking advantage of the low bore axis...
You read my mind! Was going to say the same thing. Gripping it this way (too low) also increases the felt recoil.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hate your P7!!  Not really!! I have yet to shoot one (not lucky enough)....I guarantee I would love it...seriously I can't think of a gun that I would hate! Ah..maybe a hipoint. Lmao

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I should really let him borrow my other P7 and take it to the range on his own time. Let him get comfortable with it..........

Nah!! :41:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts