HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago a fellow advertised on Facebook that he wanted to trade a new in the box C308 for an AR carbine. I had a little AR lying around so I did the deal.
Mind you I have about $350 in said AR.
Upon receiving the C308, I checked the bolt gap, and looked for evidence of grinding. All was well
I swapped out the black furniture for HK Forest Green, with a wide handguard, and a POF/maybe Greek bipod. Then proceeded to shorten the ghastly rail on top, by careful cutting, and then filing. That brought up the hoerible, ear drum splitting muzzle brake....removed it, after considerable effort, and replaced it with a 5/8x24 AR10 flash hider.
The whole thing was bead blastes, and repainted a nice semi gloss black Duracote.
Rifle shoots quite well. 5 shots at 100 METERS, go into 1.25 inches.
All in all, not to bad for a rifle I got for next to nothing.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
A few months ago a fellow advertised on Facebook that he wanted to trade a new in the box C308 for an AR carbine. I had a little AR lying around so I did the deal.
Mind you I have about $350 in said AR.
Upon receiving the C308, I checked the bolt gap, and looked for evidence of grinding. All was well
I swapped out the black furniture for HK Forest Green, with a wide handguard, and a POF/maybe Greek bipod. Then proceeded to shorten the ghastly rail on top, by careful cutting, and then filing. That brought up the hoerible, ear drum splitting muzzle brake....removed it, after considerable effort, and replaced it with a 5/8x24 AR10 flash hider.
The whole thing was bead blastes, and repainted a nice semi gloss black Duracote.
Rifle shoots quite well. 5 shots at 100 METERS, go into 1.25 inches.
All in all, not to bad for a rifle I got for next to nothing.
EXCELLENT can you post some pics?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Pics please.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Always good getting a real rifle in trade for a poodle shooter!

d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Huh...no ones going to ever beat that deal, unless they find a C308 in the bottom of a swimming pool!! I thought I got a good deal by buying 20 G3 mags from CTD 5 years ago for .99 cents each ( I didn't have a gun to run them in...but come on, 20 round 7.62x51 mags for a buck a piece?!?) Then a few months ago J&G Sales had the C308 for 599.00 plus they threw in 8 mags... So for 619.00 I have a C308 with 28 (Sheesh) mags...Still doesn't come close to your deal (and I have to figure out where to stack 28 more mags..)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts