HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I have a sear pack comming in transfer. I bought a navy 3rb housing from Adam Webber. I had to do some extra fitting/filing around the bolt hold button. I have not shot it yet but It looks pretty good. This is my 1st HK type gun.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I fixed the pics? The lower I got from Adam was cut to hkmp5/40 specs but it was not cut low enough for the bolt hold open. I used a file and about 15 min. latter it fit like a glove. Adam told me the CA89's bolt hold open is not to HK specs.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I think I fixed the pics? The lower I got from Adam was cut to hkmp5/40 specs but it was not cut low enough for the bolt hold open. I used a file and about 15 min. latter it fit like a glove. Adam told me the CA89's bolt hold open is not to HK specs.
Looks very nice. I like the weld on the rear sight.

·
Registered
864 Posts
actually this is one of the cleaner looking bolt hold opens i've seen on a CA. Now I am actually relatively pro the latest CA guns as their finishes have improved drastically over the years, but the bolt hold open feature on their 40's is always a little on the rough side. Not enough that I think any less of them, but enough where I can understand when everyone else points them out. This one is pretty damned clean looking, although I know Adam is right, the feature is not in spec.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it oout to the range today. I was testing some reloads for my m16 before I made a bunch on the Dillon and I took the CA 89 to out for the first time. I shot 100 rnds of Wolf ammo and it went bang every time. No ftf or fte.

Ejection was good and I only used Hk factory mags. The Ca mags might work but the HK mags look better made. I have several HK parts I bought from Adam Webber but I have not installed them yet.

I did not sight the gun in and it is hard to aim this thing with out a stock. When my sear gets here I'll get a stock and update my post.

Overal the gun is geat and I am hapy with it. The negatives so far are:

The finish is already wearing of around the charging handle and the bottom of the mag well. I have slapped the charging handle several times while playing with it around the house. The finish around the magwell that is coming off is more of a concern as I have only put a mag in it about 20 times and the mags are plasitc so they should not remove the finish.

I plan on using the gun for subgun matches and am not to woried about the finish but I would have expected it to last longer than 100 rnds.

Another thing that I dont like is the noin threaded barel. I might have to save up and get an HK partss kit and have the barel replaced, metal cocking tube instaled and refinish. Not abig deal but I would have been happy to pay extra for a threaded barel and a better(more durable) finish.

Overal I am happy with it so far and I hope it runs as well with my sear. Now I need to buy a 9mm.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well crap, you read my mind! I just got a CA94-40 receiver only off GB and a parts kit from Adam along with a Navy lower for my sear. Am sending to Jayson @ IGF to have it into as close an MP5/40 as the law will allow me :) (Also have an HK94 waiting for my bank account to recover before SBRing)

Have you experienced rattling of the paddle mag release? Jayson mentioned some people have him rework it to HK spec which gets rid of that..

Looks pretty slick though! Can't wait til I'm the one posting the pics :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mag release does not rattle at all and it seems to work fine. What type of stock are you going to put on yours? I am thinking about the B&T. I am also thinking about getting a 9mm K pistol.

Does yours run good with the sear now or are you having any problems?
Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good to know on the mag release. I'll just let it be and have it corrected later should it be an issue.

Unfortunately, the gun is currently being put together, so I won't know how it runs for 3 months, give or take.

Not even sure on the stock. Gonna keep the fixed stock until after I take it to the range a few times. I like the look of the A3 but B&T would definitely give a better cheek weld area..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts