HKPRO Forums banner

My Cheap backyard shooter

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Douros81 
#1 · (Edited)
I just finished her up...after have parts sitting around in boxes & bins for a few years,I decided to make something out of it,as cheap as possible.

I have successfully made a Mutt from an assortment of Cetme,Hk,Century and my own handmade parts and some other misc stuff.

I found a Muzzle brake on a Mauser barrel I had never used,much to my suprise,it was theaded 15x1.

I landed the sar8 stock set from AK.I did some reshaping and refinished the buttstock via Black spray-on bedliner.I origially puchased a Falcon made Psg-1 style grip from Midway...but I hated it.So I sent that back and traded for the Unmentionable Promag Hk copy bipod.I actually like it,after I recut the detents for a more positive lock up against the forearm and pinched the pivot "ears" together to remove some wobble.
I attached it to the forearm with two long machine screws after drilling out and tapping the holes.I welded a steel "eyelet" to the underside of the cocking tube to attach the forearm to.

I also machined of the rear sight and left off the triple...so the barrel is "free" floating.I drilled and tapped the receiver for a scope base and installed a scope I had that was collecting dust. I may change it to a Weaver Grandslam system later (marlin 336).

I set the barrel in and drilled it out for the cross pin.I set the bolt gap to mid specs.I played around with the trigger parts to get a better trigger pull with minimum creep.I also added the paddle release buy using the original parts(paddle,bushing,pin) and a solid pin made to fit inside the original pin.With the receiver drilled and everthing installed and held in place by the small pin.I welded the pin holes over and machined off the welds.

I also didn't "clip and pin" the trigger housing...I chose to weld the pin holes closed,but left the ears.

All in all....Spare parts and a little time...made me a nice plinker.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
nice, now you need to drop a sear in that bad boy.
with all the modifacations and parts replaced to make this a "legal" semi-auto only....There is no way to ever go back to a full auto set-up.With the price of ammo on the rise,I have no wish to own a full-auto even though it would be real fun......:55:

Discussion starter · #10 ·
You welded up the holes on the trigger housing, but does it have a full-auto pack inside?

Housings that fit semi-auto receivers even with the holes aren't a problem, full auto packs that do the same are.

But regardless, that's a great build. I love taking a bunch of "worthless" junk and making something useful out of it.
Nope....It's all been converted to semi-auto. only,and has been cut for the receiver shelf.Full auto parts have been removed and it has a different hammer and trigger and selector.Plus a groove has been cut in the bolt carrier to further keep it from being Full auto.

I welded the holes because...clipping the ears off looks terrible and putting "fake" pin sections in the holes is just for show and open holes makes it look like something is missing. ;)

Discussion starter · #14 · (Edited)
As I stated before...This is a permanent conversion.There is no way of ever re-installing the full auto parts.The trigger group "box" has been cut for the shelf,which removed the whole area where the auto sear/pin would be located and a "plate" welded into that position to rest on the receiver shelf.

This is how 99 % of all builds are done.
The other 1% way is installing a factory HK semi-auto trigger group.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Ok, just wanted to be sure. You did say it was a permanent conversion, but permanent means different things to different people. I've bought several used packs before that had the notch cut for the shelf that did not take out the catch pivot hole and had obviously been used illegally until I had them fitted for my registered sears.
I thank you for being concerned that it was actually done correctly....your right,you never know what might be out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.