HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a collection of modern long guns...not pictured are a Barrett M82a1 CQ (awaiting shipping), 2 Arsenal AK's (SLR106CR, SLR107CR) which are on lay away (thank God for it..lol), and finally another Kassnar SA85 u/f, which should be here next week..

I was wiping down my collection and figured I'd take some pics...also have a small US/German WWII collection...

Greg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I seem to get on a kick where I buy multiples of things...The AK's are all Arsenal rifles, except the SA85, and the AR's are Colt's (6920 and a 6922 (1/9))...I've actually been thinning out my collection and have sold off 7-8 pieces over the last 6 months..

I'm thinking about adding a IMI Galil and a HK93...keep looking at the PS90's, but the lack of ammo bothers me...I figure I might as well buy them now before 01/09.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very nice collection. Would recommend added a HK93, PS90 and the Galil if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any experience with the PS90's..Can ammo be hand loaded? More than 1 source for it?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very nice collection!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all...I have been moving things around, and trying to stay with things I enjoy...and things that can be shot, vs just sitting in a safe collecting dust..hence my WWII collection is drastically smaller...safe queens are cool, but no fun IMO..

I'm leaning towards a PS90 in black..is there any huge advantage to the "tri rail" model?

BTW...my screen name is LS6man .. "LS6" was a regular production option code for ordering the 454/450 hp engine in the 1970 Chevelle SS454 cars..I have owned 3 of them, including the earliest known car...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW..I've had a few emails asking about the Colt's and if I had lights on them...so I figured I'd give my suggestion..

I actually use a Surefire X200 as my light source on the AR's..it will mount to any M1913 rail, like the ARMS SIR systems I use, and can be quickly detached for handgun useage..also with the vertical grip in place the light can be used simply by using your thumb on the tail cap, either to turn the light on, or use the momentary feature...not to mention they are very durable...

If anyone wants a closeup of the light mounted let me know...

·
Registered
34,583 Posts
thanks all...I have been moving things around, and trying to stay with things I enjoy...and things that can be shot, vs just sitting in a safe collecting dust..hence my WWII collection is drastically smaller...safe queens are cool, but no fun IMO..

I'm leaning towards a PS90 in black..is there any huge advantage to the "tri rail" model?

BTW...my screen name is LS6man .. "LS6" was a regular production option code for ordering the 454/450 hp engine in the 1970 Chevelle SS454 cars..I have owned 3 of them, including the earliest known car...
Sorry LS6! Tri-Rail only for accessory (e.g., scope, laser, light, etc.).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no problem what so ever..I just get asked what it means so I figured I'd clarify..

So buy the tri rail as it is better??

·
Registered
34,583 Posts
Only if you are going to accessorize!

There are also two (2), different reticles on the site models (original and USG- which I believe is "whiter" and better viewing for daytime). Check out FN's website to determine which is better should you go that route.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Here's a collection of modern long guns...not pictured are a Barrett M82a1 CQ (awaiting shipping), 2 Arsenal AK's (SLR106CR, SLR107CR) which are on lay away (thank God for it..lol), and finally another Kassnar SA85 u/f, which should be here next week..

I was wiping down my collection and figured I'd take some pics...also have a small US/German WWII collection...

Greg

Nice, an AK for everyday of the week

1 - 16 of 16 Posts