HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically the light TRS. This is in a P2000sk. Looking for advice from people familiar with fitting the TRS in.

I ordered the spring from HKParts.net After fighting trying to fit the spring for about two hours, I tried putting the stock heavy spring back in. It goes in super easy, 30 seconds to install it. But I can't get the light one in to save my life.

After examining everything closely, the light spring has a less pronounced angle between the two legs. Meaning, to insert the light LEM spring, with the legs in the proper places, the spring will have to be slightly under pressure, even with the trigger forward. There just isn't enough of an angle for the legs to both be where they belong when the spring is relaxed.

The stock spring, having a more pronounced angle between the two legs, fits perfectly, and is relaxed when the trigger is forward.

I compared my spring to the picture on HKparts' website, and the angle on my spring matches their picture perfectly. So, either HKparts is selling different springs than all of you have used, or this install is WAY harder than is commonly reported. Thoughts?

·
Registered
207 Posts
1. I purchased the light LEM trigger return spring from hkparts.
2. It fits perfectly.
3. I don't know what threads you've been reading, but you'll find many instances of people having extreme difficulty with the installation. Even with the right tools, I wouldn't categorize the job as easy.

·
Registered
881 Posts
1. I purchased the light LEM trigger return spring from hkparts.
2. It fits perfectly.
3. I don't know what threads you've been reading, but you'll find many instances of people having extreme difficulty with the installation. Even with the right tools, I wouldn't categorize the job as easy.
XTrooper is right.

Do some searching on the forum and you will find past threads explaining ways to install the TRS.
It can be very very frustrating.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys find that the stock (heavy) spring is easier than the light? I wonder why they feel the need to change the angles of the spring when going to light?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is an ingenious idea for sure. I might try it next time (if there is a next time). For now I'm happy with v4 medium LEM that I have, I'll shoot it and see how it goes and maybe not bother with light.

I guess there's no point in this thread anymore, sounds like my springs are within spec and just a strange design choice to make them so difficult to install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts