HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has always given really good Christmas presents and this year was no exception. Gotta love that old man. He was a Ranger in Vietnam, stepped on a mine and was told he would never walk again. He did and does this day. He became an elementary principal and then school administrator for 39 years after getting his masters degree on a GI Bill while raising three kids. I couldn't be more proud of him, but it certainly doesn't hurt that he knows how to pick out proper German presents for christmas LoL.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
That’s a heck of a present. Cheers to you and your dad!!

Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s a heck of a present. Cheers to you and your dad!!

Merry Christmas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's always been a savage gift giver. When I was 16 I got a mint condition HK91 and the following year he gave me the correct SR9 Diavari DA with Stanag mount. He refused to have kids with bad taste in firearms, LoL.

·
Registered
34,527 Posts
My dad has always given really good Christmas presents and this year was no exception. Gotta love that old man. He was a Ranger in Vietnam, stepped on a mine and was told he would never walk again. He did and does this day. He became an elementary principal and then school administrator for 39 years after getting his masters degree on a GI Bill while raising three kids. I couldn't be more proud of him, but it certainly doesn't hurt that he knows how to pick out proper German presents for christmas LoL.
Your dad is an incredible and honorable man--- be thankful that he is still with you on this plane!!! :wink:
And an awesome present. :eek:

Tony

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
What a great great man, Ranger, and father. Reading this made my day!! You definitely got a great present, no one can argue with that, but the greatest gift of all is your father!!

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,735 Posts
I hope that you and your Dad have a very long and fruitful lives that you share with each other daily.

Thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very well said Sir....may I echo the words of @wallew

I don't take it for granted that great man raised me and continues to do so (I'm 37). I talk to him on the phone at least weekly, try to go drink a few beers with him a couple of times per month, and we do a two week hunt in Mexico together every summer and sometimes sneak in a second hunt there or in Uruguay if time allows. He's not going to be around forever, and his legs could give out literally any time. Have to get in the good stuff while I can!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts