HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I was halfway through my range session when the trigger return spring broke on my P30 (9mm, V2, fewer that 10k rounds).

To say I was disappointed would be correct. Luckily, it's not my favorite carry gun.

Any thoughts on whether I should pay $20 for a spring (plus S&H) or spend my money to ship it to the mothership for a once over just for fun?

·
Registered
111 Posts
HK pistol have a life time warranty. Can't guarantee it but they would likely send you the spring when you explain the issue. To ship your pistol to HK runs between 70-75.00 and the freight is on you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It happens, no big deal. I understand that we all want pistols that are as reliable as possible but the fact is that springs break. Have spares and change the TRS around 10-12k. My guess is you are probably close to that number with probably dryfire and such.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If it were mine, I'd pony up the money and send it to HK. Give Travis a call in Columbus and see what he suggests.

You've already invested $1000.00 +/- in your P30, it has a lifetime warranty so another $75.00 in shipping is paltry IMO to get your pistol back up to factory standards.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If it were mine, I'd pony up the money and send it to HK. Give Travis a call in Columbus and see what he suggests.

You've already invested $1000.00 +/- in your P30, it has a lifetime warranty so another $75.00 in shipping is paltry IMO to get your pistol back up to factory standards.
That would be the smartest thing to do IMO.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Trigger rebound spring, like every other HK spring I know of, is $5. Order it direct from HKI in Columbus GA. They're the source of all HK parts to include those sold by third parties.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
32 Posts

Given that rationale I would say replacing all the high wear springs every several thousand rounds would be a better option. In this case preventative action much better than corrective action.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Any chance you can get a picture of the break, and a round count (estimate). I'd be interested in seeing what the break looks like and the location of it. I *cough* may or may not have seen one or two of them breaking in P2000s.

I agree with the sentiments of sending it in to HK, but for a different reason. I'm a firm believer in letting them have a chance to figure out what went wrong with their parts, and prevent future problems. If it has the chip, they will be able to get a good round count from it, as well as possibly knowing if there is a certain lot of springs that may be more prone to breakage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts