HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the site and excited to hopefully be part of an elite family.

For the safety conscience; nothing was in the chamber. Probably should have left the bolt cover open.

Current modifications
-Acog TA31F
-Streamlight TLR-1SHP
-HK foregrip
-Magpul Emags with Maglink

Future modifications
-Vickers two point sling
-Either Magpul MBUS or Troy MBUIS

Any and all advice is welcomed and encouraged!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Chungdae,

Welcome! Looks like you meet all of the requirements. Check in often, read through the threads, search for questions you may have.... Maybe re-profile the barrel if you want to lighten it up a bit. Ladder/rail covers to protect your investment/keep from tearing up your flesh, Standard A2 flash hider w/crush washer, on and on.

I just ordered one black and one tan VCAS slings myself along with two of the NSN rail sling mounts.

Current set up is M27 extended rail on the factory 16.5", Knight's front & rear back ups, ACOG, Ergo covers, grip-pod, E1 stock with convex pad, A2 FH. I have the other upper with a 416 14.5 gas block, 416 rail screw, HK rail covers, Eotech, factory diopter sights, A2 FH. The spare upper with the Aimpoint is stock now but eventually will be fitted with the 10.4" 416 gas block I have in the safe, A2 FH and cut/re-profiled.

Don't let it get wet or feed it after midnight.

TC

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ironic how you mentioned the rail covers. I've actually been looking for some rail covers, do you have any recommendations? I will look into the flash hider as well; I'm not too familiar with them.

Also, those rifles are BEAUTIFUL!

Chungdae,

Welcome! Looks like you meet all of the requirements. Check in often, read through the threads, search for questions you may have.... Maybe re-profile the barrel if you want to lighten it up a bit. Ladder/rail covers to protect your investment/keep from tearing up your flesh, Standard A2 flash hider w/crush washer, on and on.

I just ordered one black and one tan VCAS slings myself along with two of the NSN rail sling mounts.

Current set up is M27 extended rail on the factory 16.5", Knight's front & rear back ups, ACOG, Ergo covers, grip-pod, E1 stock with convex pad, A2 FH. I have the other upper with a 416 14.5 gas block, 416 rail screw, HK rail covers, Eotech, factory diopter sights, A2 FH. The spare upper with the Aimpoint is stock now but eventually will be fitted with the 10.4" 416 gas block I have in the safe, A2 FH and cut/re-profiled.

Don't let it get wet or feed it after midnight.

TC

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Awesome gun, very nice! Keep it simple and enjoy shooting it. There are many who are doing mods to their rifles that are cool to the point of obsession, but keeping it simple will go a long way to keep you satisfied with your HK. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Nicest rail covers for the HK 556 IMO --> HK416 Rail Covers - HKPARTS.NET

I have those on mine as do A LOT of other people here. I also have Magpul ladder covers on the upper and lower rail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the welcome! I actually want to do the SBR but I know very little on the process of getting approved and I don't know who is qualified to SBR the upper. If you have any advice and / or input it would be greatly appreciated!

welcome to the club!

now SBR that puppy!

here is mine ... good choice on scope btw!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the response. Yes I ordered the HK rail covers today and installed the Magpul ladder covers on the bottom and top rail and installed the Magpul BUS today as well.

Nicest rail covers for the HK 556 IMO --> HK416 Rail Covers - HKPARTS.NET

I have those on mine as do A LOT of other people here. I also have Magpul ladder covers on the upper and lower rail.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Thank you for the welcome! I actually want to do the SBR but I know very little on the process of getting approved and I don't know who is qualified to SBR the upper. If you have any advice and / or input it would be greatly appreciated!

There are a number of good builders. I personally use Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms. He has done a good bit of work for me and it has always been great

1 - 11 of 11 Posts