HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finally bought my first HK.
I was picking up my Sig P226 MK25 and upon holding the HK45c something in me said, "that's the one!"
Needless to say it was love at first sight.

I bought an HK45c...

If I spend too much time on here reading too far into the tidbits of the various variants I'll come to feel the regrettable decision that I rushed into the purchase and took the offer, knowing that it was my only choice.

I wanted a Variant 1 / LEM but the option wasn't available for me at the time.

For all the normal shooters out there, the SA/DA, safety-having shooters, is it really THAT much a difference? It is that noticeable that, in fact, the HK45c SA/DA and the HK45c LEM V1 are two different animals?

Thank you, everyone.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Congrats on the pistol. The HK45C V1 is a DA/SA (FYI), there is a chart here is you search for it. Here is the thing, buyers remorse is a tough cookie. The good news is you can swap between the variants really easy with the HK45C. As for the trigger, and if it is different? Absolutely, it is different; but again give it a try since you're coming from the Sig.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
No way did you make a mistake in buying your HK45c.!
I bought an HK45C several years ago. It was only available with DA/SA and I never even thought about the trigger being a detriment. The SA was really nice for my tastes. The DA pull was substantial enough that I didn't feel I needed the safety engaged for carry purposes. If you carry cocked and locked, you always have that great SA trigger for the first shot. Practice made my first shot in DA good. ( I liked it better than the first pull of the P30 without a doubt.) I really had no problem with it. Only recently have I had the LEM installed. I really like it but I would not feel badly if I had it in DA/SA again. I would say just shoot your gun and enjoy it. Later on you can have it converted easily to the LEM trigger, or do it yourself. However, just keep it as is and know you have, in my opinion, the best polymer .45 and maybe the best .45 out of box on the market. I can't wait to take mine out again this next week.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way did you make a mistake in buying your HK45c.!
I bought an HK45C several years ago. It was only available with DA/SA and I never even thought about the trigger being a detriment. The SA was really nice for my tastes. The DA pull was substantial enough that I didn't feel I needed the safety engaged for carry purposes. If you carry cocked and locked, you always have that great SA trigger for the first shot. Practice made my first shot in DA good. ( I liked it better than the first pull of the P30 without a doubt.) I really had no problem with it. Only recently have I had the LEM installed. I really like it but I would not feel badly if I had it in DA/SA again. I would say just shoot your gun and enjoy it. Later on you can have it converted easily to the LEM trigger, or do it yourself. However, just keep it as is and know you have, in my opinion, the best polymer .45 and maybe the best .45 out of box on the market. I can't wait to take mine out again this next week.
Thank you for that breath of fresh air.

As soon I held that beauty in my hands it was the perfect glove fit.

HK is my new go-to. As a matter of fact, my next purchase, in due time, will be the P30 v1 LEM

How much would it set me back to have the V1 LEM trigger installed?

The only other thing I dislike is having a safety.

Of course, with the Sig P226 there is no safety but at least I can carry +1 in this case if need be....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the pistol. The HK45C V1 is a DA/SA (FYI), there is a chart here is you search for it. Here is the thing, buyers remorse is a tough cookie. The good news is you can swap between the variants really easy with the HK45C. As for the trigger, and if it is different? Absolutely, it is different; but again give it a try since you're coming from the Sig.
Thank you!

You mean the SA on the standard HK45C is the same weight pull as Variant 1?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
How much would it set me back to have the V1 LEM trigger installed?
Congrats on the great purchase. The HK45 is a great platform. You should be happy with that gun for years to come.

Now about your trigger.

Variant 1 aka V1 is DA/SA with a safety and decocker on the left side of the gun. LEM is DAO and a different variant altogether.

Here is the .pdf of the operators manual for your gun. In it is a chart with the trigger variant chart and a description of each individual variation. I think it is on page 10 or 12. http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared/HK45-HK45Compact Operators Manual MARCH-2011ss.pdf

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I can't remember exactly what I paid the guys at HK in Columbus to do the installation. It was around 150 bucks for the work and return shipping, iirc. I had to pay to ship it to them, also. There was a very quick turnaround. Still, I would honestly encourage you to use your gun a lot over a period of time and get used to the controls. They are well engineered. I actually missed my decocker/safety when I first got my LEM back. After all, I had the pistol for a few years in the DA/SA configuration. You will love your pistol as is. Just my recommendation. Use that money for snap caps and ammo and later consider the switch over if you feel you must. If you did decide to have it changed to LEM, you will love that trigger, too. I like the LEM just because the trigger requires the same thinking process as my J frame Airweight. I just pull the trigger when ready, no safety to think about and no decocker. If I only carried the HK, then I would probably not have changed the trigger. I didn't catch if you had shot yours yet? If not, I believe you will like the trigger that you have. The DA doesn't have a really long pull and isn't that heavy, to me, that is. As I stated before, the SA is really better than the LEM, imo. You really can't go wrong with this pistol.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thank you!

You mean the SA on the standard HK45C is the same weight pull as Variant 1?
Roughly, the "meat" of the trigger in LEM is around 4-5lbs, where as the V1 SA pull is around 5 lbs. As for converting it, it should cost about $130 ish if you have HK do it not including shipping both ways. As Bentonville said, try the V1 SA/DA first to see what you really want to do. I love the LEM, but felt comfy with the V1 trigger just not as fast before the conversion.

Just to be clear, the P30 and the HK45/C and other models (USP too I think), have different variant numbers. Check out the sticky posted at the top of this forum called FAQ for a list. V1 on the HK45/C is SA/DA, V1 on the P30 is L LEM. Clear as mud?

Enjoy the HK ride, it's a solid one.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I put about 1000 rounds through my V1 HK45 full size before I went and made the change to LEM. I got a good feel for the trigger and got comfortable with the gun and then made my decision to convert. I'm glad I did too because now I know exactly what both trigger configurations feel like and am happy with my choice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations on your new HK45c! Rest easy...you made no mistake! I'm sure you'll love the pistol in no time flat. Had the opportunity to shoot one and thoroughly enjoyed it...hope to own one myself someday.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats budd.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think there is any HK pistol you should have a concern about purchasing. Well, perhaps you should be concerned if you bought a Mark 23 for concealed carry, but short of that... Congrats on the purchase of a fine handgun!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think there is any HK pistol you should have a concern about purchasing. Well, perhaps you should be concerned if you bought a Mark 23 for concealed carry, but short of that... Congrats on the purchase of a fine handgun!
Hah! That Mark 23 used to be my dream pistol. Yep, a suppressed Mark 23 with an extended mag was my stairway to heaven. Now I know how impractical it is.

I guess my only concern at this point (when I pick up the pistol - already paid for) is that there's a safety and I feel it'll be in the way. I even thought about neutering the safety.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts