HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I saw someone's (can't remember who) photo of a P9S with Nills grips I've wanted one. I forgot about it for a couple of years and randomly came across one that was a police trade-in on the 'net and did the FFL transfer thing. Gun is in pretty good shape, the buffer looks almost brand new and the barrel is very nice. The grip and trigger guard are pretty well chewed up. Seems like the gun was carried a lot, but not fired much. When I took off the grip a couple days ago there was dust balls in it! It came with the original box and cleaning kit, but no owners/operator's manual. All and all for under 5 bills I think this will be a fun project gun. I'm looking forward to swapping out parts as I find them, etc. Here's the initial pictures:

Thanks,
-Troy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks very clean, good job!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Cool, dude. I feel like I missed out when I opted not to pick up a P9 from that gunshop up in washington(?) that had a ton on firesale about a year ago. The P7 and P9 are some of the most unique pistols ever made, along with the Mauser C96 and Luger. I owned a P7 but had to get rid of it.....but I do plan on owning all 4 mentioned pistols.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Very cool acqusition! :25:

The more I see these, the more I wanna try one! :43:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to muddle through Nill's website (their shopping cart is in German), so I have that coming and I also bought quite a few spare parts, new trigger guard and screws from Numrich, so it hopefully will feel like Christmas again in a week or 2. I'll post some "after" pictures once I get it all dressed up.

-Troy

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I was able to muddle through Nill's website (their shopping cart is in German), so I have that coming and I also bought quite a few spare parts, new trigger guard and screws from Numrich, so it hopefully will feel like Christmas again in a week or 2. I'll post some "after" pictures once I get it all dressed up.

-Troy
Nills definitely has an english language website. I would go back and make sure you ordered the right grip...there's lots of variations of very similar grips.

Also, did something change with ordering them? Last time I checked, you didn't order from Nill directly.....you had to order through an importer, I think it was called MAC Arms or something like that...and you had to wait a significant period of time for them to be imported in the next batch (months) if it wasn't a popular grip they had in stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw the US importer website, but didn't want to wait a month+, and heard you can order directly from them. They accept orders from the US. Here's the link I used:

Karl Nill GmbH

I'll let you know if I have any problems, but I did recieve a confirmation e-mail and my credit card was charged!
-Troy

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
OK, people...Can we please quit showing pics of P7's and P9's? I don't have them and now that I seem to see pic after pic of them, I feel like I need them in my posession!! LoL On the serious side, very nice project, mchrenrytl!! I would love to stumble across one of these or a P7 for a project to tinker w/. When I first starking lurking on the forum, I thought the P7 and P9 were two of the ugliest pistols that I have ever seen. After seeing multiple pics of different members over the months, I have changed my mind! Now I feel that these are two of the most sexy and unique hand guns that I have ever seen and hope to add them both to my collection one day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts