HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a gently used HK45 today. Ordered it a couple of weeks ago and had it sent to my FFL in Dallas. Went to pick it up last week. Gave the gentleman my Concealed Carry license and when he was filling out the forms on the computer he inadvertently asked for a background check which delayed pickup until today. I hope to get to the range Thursday after work to put a few rounds through it.

Tried to post a pic but was told I didn't have permissions to do so. Most likely I am doing it incorrectly. Anyhow, I am really pleased to have it and can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why did a background check delay you taking it home? More importantly congrats on your first (of several) HK.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I too, am curious about the background check. They normally take 5 minutes or less on the phone at the time of pickup.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I font have any idea why it took so long. It wasn't aware that it only took a few minutes. This occurred last Thursday and they said 3 business days max. I called the FFL yesterday and was told that it came back proceed so oi was able to pick up the gun

·
Registered
854 Posts
I font have any idea why it took so long. It wasn't aware that it only took a few minutes. This occurred last Thursday and they said 3 business days max. I called the FFL yesterday and was told that it came back proceed so oi was able to pick up the gun
not 100% up on Firearms laws in Texas...but I would suggest finding a new FFL if it happens again...

With a CCW permit in most states the background check is already completed via FBI, ATFE, and State-Level meaning you should just fill out your paperwork, fork over the greenbacks and boogie on home...if Texas is different on that front feel free to PM the differences ( I like to keep tabs on these kinds of SNAFUs for my local firearms group)

Congrats on your first of many--the 1st is always the favorite tho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts