HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally decided to join the HK family with the purchase of the HK P30S sa/da chambered in S&W .40 cal . It is one of the best pistols I have owned. I only have about 400 rounds thru it so far but, I'm already wondering if there is a video out there some where that will show complete disassembly after 1000 plus rounds where it can be cleaned everywhere ? I have only been able to locate field strip basic stuff nothing that takes the trigger out ,, etc ..

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I wouldn't worry about that just yet. 1000 rounds isn't barely going to warm it up. I wouldn't think about full deep cleaning until at least 10,000 rounds......if that. It is just not necessary on an HK. Just keep shooting it and enjoy it.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Congrats on the new P30S. Just remember to not remove the slide release lever all the way out when you field strip your gun. The lever is captive.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the site! A field strip and clean is all you will need to do for many, many, many rounds. Congrats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. This was a great purchase for me after many hours of research and handling different pistols at the local shops. It feels like it is made for my hands. I'm becoming an avid shooter no where near expert but, this gun easily shoots inside a three inch target for me at 30 feet without wondering outside of the circle, round after, round after, round. I'm very impressed with how accurate it is while being shot by a junior member :)

walk softly but carry a big stick.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats on your new addiction! While I field strip mine more than I need to ("take care of your gear [stuff] and it will take care of you"-My Dad), a friend who is a range owner and instructor has gone 10,000+ rounds through his P30 with little more than a wipe down; if that. My "search" kind of got easier when I bought my P30 on his suggestion. Best weapon I've owned. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro! P30 is one hell of a pistol. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts