HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys, I just picked my first HK - an HKusp 45 - SS.

This thing is a beast, and I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I believe it is a variant 3 seeing that it is is DA/SA with a decocker but no safety.... is that correct? Also, anyone know how many variant 3's they made in the stainless steel?

Here is a pic of my new girl:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the insanity.
You're going to LOVE the way that gun shoots. It's like throwing darts.... verrrrrry accurately.

I haven't seen many v3's. Don't know that I've ever seen a stainless one like this... but I'm pretty new here.
Great thing about the USP is it's EASY to make it any variant you want.
My recently acquired SS USP45 is becoming a Combat Competition with the hybrid match/LEM trigger soon.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the dark side.

The HK USP45 is a bar at which all other polymer 45s should be measured.

Being that your gun is date coded AA it was made in 2000 so you should ask the seller if it has the new style firing pin. If it does not DO NOT DRY FIRE the gun. And acquire a new firing pin from HKparts.

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Being that your gun is date coded AA it was made in 2000 so you should ask the seller if it has the new style firing pin. If it does not DO NOT DRY FIRE the gun. And acquire a new firing pin from HKparts.
From my personal expierence with my old style firing pin gun, I would amend your statement to do not dry fire the gun much, without snap caps. Mine has held up just fine for 13 years with this approach.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i was originally in the market for a conceal carry gun when i came across this.... so i traded my glock 17 and picked this up instead. She may be a tad harder to conceal than the LC9 i was after to begin with. I guess now i just have an excuse to get more guns.

·
Banned
219 Posts
I have all the respect in the world for Glocks, but they just don't hold a candle to HK for me. I think you made a great choice.

Now that you got your fullsize pistol base covered, I say you get yourself a USPc (perhaps in stainless??) to keep it company, and to EDC.

Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Way to go on picking up a full size USP. All too often I see folks grabbing for the compacts. I love my ss USP45. It is one of the nicest looking models HK has ever made. I've been concealing a full size USP45 or HK45 for 4 yrs now. It's not that hard. Great buy!!!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
P2000SK FTW as an EDC gun...
Then you'll still need a compact for when you want "a little more"
Lol

It never ends

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Picked up one hell of a pistol. Enjoy bud

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Congrats on the SS toy.

New style firing pin was introduced in 2005=AF so this gun obviously does not have the new one.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Congrats on a beauty !!! SS guns are just sexy!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I agree w/ DBLAction454. The USP series is the bar that all polymer pistols should be judged!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on the new shooter. It's a full size frame, but it shoots like a dream. You'll love it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum and I can assure you that will not be your last HK purchase, it's an addiction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts