HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a usp tactical 40 . Feels great haven't shot it yet due to rotator cuff surgery! Does anyone know how is the recoil? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Hey man, congratulations on joining the HK owners club. I haven't owned a 40 cal USP, but have had a USP 45, and it's a very smooth shooting gun. With the recoil spring design, it handled the recoil of the 45 very well, almost feels like a 9mm. I'm not certain if HK uses the same recoil spring in the 40, but would imagine they do. I miss my USP, it's a cool gun, you made a wise decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah really like it ergonomics were great I have mitts for hands got I think a great price on it new! Just couldn't pass it up seems like a well built piece of machinery! Hopefully I shoot as good as it looks!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Congrats!! I don't have a .40 usp but do have 3 in 9mm. The usp was designed for .40 as I understand and is reportedly a super smooth shooter. I think you're gonna live it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Does anyone know how is the recoil?
Asa matter of fact I DO know about the recoil on a .40 ! I've owned a USP.40 and a USP .40 Expert . Your Tactical is going to be very similar to the .40 Expert . That is one of the smoothest shooting HK's, period ! You'll love shooting steel or whatever with it .You made an excellent choice mon frere .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a USP 40. The recoil isn't bad. I do like the USP, its what got me into HK pistols but I must admit I sure like my P30L much more.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase, excellent choice. I have two USP .40's one for 19 years, I shoot it the most of all my guns. The recoil is very soft...your gonna love it!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also new to the site. I just got the VP9. Had a lot of fte first time out. I am going to clean, lube and load some 124 gr loads to see if that clears the problem. When it fired it was great so we will shoot more and see how it does.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts