HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Very nice congrats! The USPc .357sig is a great gun and one of the most accurate I have ever shot.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Seeing all these USPc's .357 Sigs is tempting me to pick up a HK .357 barrel from Midway for the .40 conversion I have already...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice congrats! The USPc .357sig is a great gun and one of the most accurate I have ever shot.
The only .357 sig i've shot so far is a full sized Glock, i'm expecting this thing to kick like a mule in the compact size, but i'll get used to it....

How did you find the recoil?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The only .357 sig i've shot so far is a full sized Glock, i'm expecting this thing to kick like a mule in the compact size, but i'll get used to it....

How did you find the recoil?
It wasn't bad at all. Its a bit snappy but very controllable. IMO the recoil in the USPc .40 is alot worse then the USPc .357sig. I miss shooting that gun in my local indoor range. It always got everyones attention :D.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't bad at all. Its a bit snappy but very controllable. IMO the recoil in the USPc .40 is alot worse then the USPc .357sig. I miss shooting that gun in my local indoor range. It always got everyones attention :D.

Thanks for the info, i'm going to the range tomorow evening... I'll update this thread with a report.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I've always wanted one of those! Very nice gun! Congrats!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was very surprised by the recoil of the P2000 and USPc in .357 sig, very manageable. My speer gold dots have little muzzle flash and kick like 9mm +P. Some other rounds have some awesome muzzle flash, took some Fiocchi ammo out the other day and had a couple people come over and ask what the hell I was shooting sounded like a cannon =).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good show on getting that USPc in .357 Sig. I have the exact same pistol, and its role is a back-up piece to my 1911 Gov't models. In the USP line, I like the feel and performance of the compacts, especially in this recipe, the .357 Sig -- it's one caliber where the shorter barrel doesn't effect performance as much compared to the larger calibers, specifically the .45ACP...

I've gotten rid of my USP handguns except for the USPc in .357 Sig and my USP Elite in .45ACP; they've been replaced with a P30 (range gun) and a HK45 (a main carry @ times, but primarily used as a back-up to my Gov't platforms)...

My impressions of the USPc in .357 Sig: a bit snappy as the loaded round count lowers, accurate (not quite up to 1911 standards, however), solid H&K quality, total H&K reliablity, and a great piece for smaller hands with stubby fingers (me). I think it's a far better gun in .357 Sig than it is in the short 10mm (40 S&W)...

Good luck with that USPc...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First range report:

This thing is amazing! It has less recoil than my XD 9mm sub compact, very very smooth! I'm now ordering some bulk .357 sig ammo tonight, although i'm keeping my two 9's, i'm in love with my H&K!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congradulations and have fun with your new weapon.

I'm jealous of everyone and their new HK's :( Oh, well. Two more weeks and I'll be fine...Two more weeks and I'll be fine...:eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered 1000 rounds of the Speer Lawman target rounds from ammoman.com for 269.99 Shipped, I will shoot it faily often and will stock up on bulk but I can't see myself shooting 100 at the range every time like my 9's I miss the 15.00 dollar box of 100 WWB from wally world.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I really need to try out a pistol in .357sig. I guess I should just save up for a .357sig barrel for my new USPc .40s&w that I will be picking up in a few days.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really need to try out a pistol in .357sig. I guess I should just save up for a .357sig barrel for my new USPc .40s&w that I will be picking up in a few days.

Trust me you'll love the way the compact shoots the 357...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts