HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just bought an HK41 and im building my HK collection and just love them and cant get enough education about them . Im buying them for investment reasons and dont plan on shooting them. I had a chance to purchase a HK41 and 43 today and jumped at the chance. In my haste i had some reservations but bought them anyways. Questions im really asking, is it worth keeping with the configs below or should i sell and wait for a better, proper collectable model? any and all help would be greatly apprecaited!!

HK 41
1/74
low number, in the high 20's (10102x)
2 HK 74/G3 marked mags (great shape)
HK41 Manual - (great shape)
sling
cleaning kit
carrying case
$3600.00

some questions;

1.) The bolt carrier forearm on top is serialed/dated as 9/66 it doesnt match the gun date so is this added from a G3?, did saco add it in at somepoint? , was it commonly replaced over time? and most importantly does this lesson the vaule?

2.) I have the original bayonet lug assembly on it, does that add to the value or was it pretty much stock?

3.) The front hand guard/stock is dated 4/71H is this original or added from extra stock?

4.) the rear bolt, right were the non-firing end of the firing pin is seems to have a crude spaced out code stamped C D O any thoughts?

5.) the bolt head is dated Hk 10/73 and a BU marking on the collar. any thoughts here?

thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
My HK41 1974 version also has a 1966 dated carrier. I am the second owner, so I am pretty confident mine came with that carrier. I can't be 100% positive but I would be very surprised to find out it got swapped at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts