HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have never fired a P7 and don't really know details like, date codes and stamp markings. My friend has a P7 that is in as new condition and I'm considering buying it for $800.00., and he thinks it has never been fired. There are NO box or papers for this P7. Also, he is the second owner and has only had it for less than a month. The P7 was part of an Estate collection and some of the weapons were put up for auction, including this P7. He is selling it to
make some money for a hunting trip.
Question: I need to know if this is a Reblued P7(the slide has a plum hue) and if this would be a wise purchase??

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It looks to be a fine early gun from 1980. Who knows if it's been fired...probably. The easiest way to tell is to look at the gas piston for any carbon build up. Here's a link to info on the P7, look about half way down the page for P7 series. http://www.hkpro.com/contents.htm

The plum color is not unusual. These are really nice guns. I had mine at the range today for a quick workout. $800 is not out of line for one. Right now there are many P7s on the market at anywhere from $600 to $1000. If your friend only had it for a month, I'd ask him what he paid and offer that, tops.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hello,
I have never fired a P7 and don't really know details like, date codes and stamp markings. My friend has a P7 that is in as new condition and I'm considering buying it for $800.00., and he thinks it has never been fired. There are NO box or papers for this P7. Also, he is the second owner and has only had it for less than a month. The P7 was part of an Estate collection and some of the weapons were put up for auction, including this P7. He is selling it to
make some money for a hunting trip.
Question: I need to know if this is a Reblued P7(the slide has a plum hue) and if this would be a wise purchase??

Thanks for your time.

CDNN has the gun in much better condition (P7 PSP Grade A) for 670+shipping.

·
2,831 Posts
that is not a refurb or ex police gun, its a commericaly sold in the US P7/PSP

1980, really the 1st year for the P7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts