HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the new chapter has begun. I officially own my first vintage H&K. I won't drop any names due to my unfamiliarity with the rules but that being said I want to thank anyone and everyone here who helped in the process of acquiring it. So here are some pics

20160913_205517.jpg

20160913_205449.jpg

20160913_205412.jpg

20160913_205819.jpg

Ill be taking some better pictures soon.

P.S.

My first impression of the pistol without touching it was that its much bigger than the visual might lead you to believe. After holding it its pretty apparent H&K had some magic brewing around this time. The code of arms is fascinating to say the least, the ergonomics are almost up to par with the H&K's of today. She feeds and cycles VERY smooth. I actually really like everything about it, my one and only complain of better yet dislike would be that the trigger can still be operated with the safety on, pulling the trigger to decock is less of an issue for me personally. That being said I simply cannot wait to get a chance to shoot it, let alone shoot it suppressed.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Congrats, these are special guns and great shooters! Enjoy our, as I am sure you will.

It is a decently large, duty sized gun. The profile (when I was first looking at them online) looks kinda like a PP/ppk or such inspired guns, Makarov, whatever, to me anyway, but definitely bigger.

Shockwave

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Welcome to the P9S obsessive compulsive club. I own 3. Consider yourself bitten.

Now you need to send it to Marine0303 for a thurough breakdown and cleaning. You may also want to start looking for replacement buffers. I'm not sure but I may have bought all of everyone's remaining stocks (and no I'm not trying to sell them, I'll never sell them;-)

But on a serious note, you should consider having James break it down and give it a thurough cleaning, he's simply the best and they tend to need it (depending from whom you've purchased).

Of course this is dependent upon if you are in the States.

Enjoy!

PS - you mention shooting it suppressed, do you have the threaded barrel and what caliber is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So I kind of messed this post up because I originally added a quote and it seems I messed it up so I will take the time to thank everyone for all the posts and feedback instead of making it a total waste. Apologize for the error.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Welcome to the P9S obsessive compulsive club. I own 3. Consider yourself bitten.

Now you need to send it to Marine0303 for a thurough breakdown and cleaning. You may also want to start looking for replacement buffers. I'm not sure but I may have bought all of everyone's remaining stocks (and no I'm not trying to sell them, I'll never sell them;-)

But on a serious note, you should consider having James break it down and give it a thurough cleaning, he's simply the best and they tend to need it (depending from whom you've purchased).

Of course this is dependent upon if you are in the States.

Enjoy!

PS - you mention shooting it suppressed, do you have the threaded barrel and what caliber is it?
[What I meant to post]

I have a deal in place to purchase an extended barrel, I will be chopping/threading that one. I bought the 9mm because even though the more common ammunition for the 9mm isn't the 148 grain (subsonic stuff) I feel it's still more suppressor friendly than a .45 also I know the .45 takes more of a beating (buffer wise) plus i have 3 9mm suppressors on wait and only 1 .45 and the
45 is a k model at that.

P.S.
I have SO many projects (hk & non hk related) pending that I havnt even gone shooting for at least 5 months and I don't plan on shooting for another 5 or so, probably till i pay off another p9s as well as an hk4 with the barrel set. After that I have a few guns to pick up from pawn. ( Yes, I pawned a lot of "toys" to get the suppressors in time for the 41F as well a one SBR.) So I have guns to buy back basically after I pay off the 2 firearms I previously mentioned on top of the extended barrel. When my hk projects are moving along I will be posting some good pics. As for sending it to James, believe me it's on my list. The buffer seems like it's usable still though, yellow hue but transparent and pliable without breaking in half. Will buy some when my pocket allows. Thanks everybody for making this easily one of the best forums to be a member of, I hope to have some more eye candy for everyone in the coming weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts