HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. This is my first post just to say hello. I purchased my first HK pistol yesterday when I bought this USP40. It has a KF date code and unusual factory sights. They are the three dot variety that has the inserts instead of the painted dots. I was told today by someone that they were a very early HK design that would allow the owner to add Tritium inserts without changing the sights. The weapon is in pristine condition and the original owner purchased it along with it's cardboard box brand new in 1995. After speaking to an HK Dealer/Armorer today, I found out that the weapon was for Test & Evaluation to be sent to Police Depts., but apparently this one was never sent as it was purchased NIB by the original owner. The box is stamped "T&E" in 2 places.
The original owner fired about 100 rounds through it when he bought it and it has been a safe queen every since. It will now get some range time.
I have a question for any USP owners. It was suggested to me that the ealier USP pistols had a safety problem with the decockers. Anyone know if that would apply to this KF model?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I am not aware of any but that doesn't mean anything, nice find on your pistol though

·
Registered
67 Posts
verrryy nice !! i wish i didnt have to get ride of my hk`s:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
the only problem i know of with ealier the usp is the fireing pin, in some guns it was weak and could brake, but if yours does it should be covered by hk's limited lifetime warranty. maybe someone knows of a problem with the decocker.
nice find btw!

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Welcome and Wow!! what a great find. You will find a lot of great uses for this forum. You will also benefit a bunch if you join the Premium Members section. It's well worth the money and it also provides you with some great HK info. such as a direct line to HK customer service. Plus it helps fund the site.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
Coolness, you got the HK that started the USP revolution. I acquired an early model 40 myself a year or two ago as my second HK, it has the spiral rifled barrel instead of the new hex/polygonal grooves. I sort of like that piece of history, I think it's date code '94. You will enjoy that weapon, they're some of the best on the market and will run circles around most other production firearms out there. Check CDNN for cheap 10-round mags, they were moving them for about $9.99, or buy a high cap and get one (10rd) free.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow; great find ;). Even better than my first (of many) USP's.

Think you might wanna' baby that'n a little...and get another'n to shoot the hell out of :61: ...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
KF date code USP 40's anything special? I have one I bought used from a buddy of mine about 7 years ago for $450. He was the original owner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
KF date code USP 40's anything special?
Not especially.

Just that Sniperfox's USP is a T&E labelled piece in its original box with papers.

Maybe not exactly "ooh lah lah" for most, but certainly not run-of-the-mill, either, savvy?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Not especially.

Just that Sniperfox's USP is a T&E labelled piece in its original box with papers.

Maybe not exactly "ooh lah lah" for most, but certainly not run-of-the-mill, either, savvy?
Gottcha, thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts