HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first purchase and it was a p30 9m. Does anyone recommend any specific cleaning and llube oil? I started with 124 grain american eagle. Oh and i love my p30

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I use a combination of products, if I was starting from scratch I'd pickup an MPro7 kit and a bottle of hoppes #9. That will cover all your basic cleaning needs.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
M-Pro 7 LPX gun oil and M-Pro gun cleaner works great. There is also a M-Pro copper cleaner. Most any good quality oil will work fine and there are many to choose from. Congratulations on your P30.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Don't forget a set of brushes, cleaning rod, cleaning patches, q-tips, etc.
My MPro kit came with all that too. It was an excellent value.

-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
A Hoppes bore snake kept in the range bag can come in handy also. I have one that I sprayed with a little CLP and keep it in a ziploc baggy for use directly following range sessions. Two or three sweeps through the barrel and I find it makes the later detail barrel cleaning easier.

·
Registered
818 Posts
A Hoppes bore snake kept in the range bag can come in handy also. I have one that I sprayed with a little CLP and keep it in a ziploc baggy for use directly following range sessions. Two or three sweeps through the barrel and I find it makes the later detail barrel cleaning easier.
UNless you WASH them after EACH use, you are dragging all that crud BACK thru your gun. As long as you wash them every time, they are OK. We have had issues with boresnakes actually damaging barrel bores because of that fact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know of a "breech block" or similar item that can hold open the action for a Grendel P-30 in order to inspect/clean the barrel without dissembly? thanks!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Anything EXCEPT Frog Lube...Don't you dare use Frog Lube.

Tip - I keep a supply of Winchester oil wips in my range bag. At the end of range time, a quick field strip and wipe down on the top of the receiver, the receiver glides, outside the barrel, outside the recoil spring assembly, and throughout the slide (especially in the slide groves) will keep your firearm going until you can find the time to do a full cleaning and lube.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on the P30. The P30 series are my all time favorites!

You'll definitely want a couple of nylon brushes, firm toothbrushes or the special gun kind. Shooting AE, the feed ramp gets black pretty quickly. The one PITA chore for me is leaving cleaner soaking on it for a while, and then getting the ramp clean and shiny again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anything EXCEPT Frog Lube...Don't you dare use Frog Lube.

Tip - I keep a supply of Winchester oil wips in my range bag. At the end of range time, a quick field strip and wipe down on the top of the receiver, the receiver glides, outside the barrel, outside the recoil spring assembly, and throughout the slide (especially in the slide groves) will keep your firearm going until you can find the time to do a full cleaning and lube.
I'll have at agree. No frog lube no fire clean. I use nothing but weaponshield and have for years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
on the rails I like Mil-comm TW25B, a synthetic grease. 3 in 1 oil on lube points. there may be better oil out there but been using this over 65 years and it has never let me down.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
on the rails I like Mil-comm TW25B, a synthetic grease. 3 in 1 oil on lube points. there may be better oil out there but been using this over 65 years and it has never let me down.
The manual for the VP9 specifically states NOT to use oil that claims to "penetrate metal," which I do believe is true of 3 in 1.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts