HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used HK45 off of gun broker and should have possession of it this week. Can't freakin wait!! The sad thing is I don't even have the gun yet and
am already thinking ahead for my next purchase. Maybe get a P30? How about a vintage HK? Not all addictions are bad thing,lol.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats on the HK45. My 2 cents says to get either a USP 45 or a HK45c as the next one. If you are thinking 9mm then the P30 is another solid choice. I have HK's in different calibers, but there is just something about the 45 auto they do right.

·
Registered
865 Posts
You poor bastard (I mean that in a good way though) they're like the "Lay's Potato Chip Commercial" you can't eat just one but in this case "You can't have just one (HK) that is.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
There used to be a time that I was planning for retirement...now I'm just planning for my next HK. :41:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The compact tactical is what I was originally looking for, but decided to get the full size. Guess ya have to start somewhere. The full size turned out to be my gateway drug,
lol.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You poor bastard (I mean that in a good way though) they're like the "Lay's Potato Chip Commercial" you can't eat just one but in this case "You can't have just one (HK) that is.
That's the truth. My first experience with HK was renting a P30 and an HK45 at the local range. I loved them both. Before I even bought my P30, I was lusting after the HK45, which will probably be my next one. The more I hang out here, the more I want others as well...P7, P2000, HK45C, USPs of all sorts. They are indeed lust provoking guns. I'm trying to make due with my P30 for now, but I have the feeling that resistance will, in the end, be futile.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Collecting HKs is an addiction..a costly one. I can deal with the size, as that is what the Government asked for in the Mark 23, a big offensive weapons system, something which is not ideal with a pistol...

My biggest irritation with them is the magazines. There is no really good reason that the HK Mark23 could not have used the regular HK USP magazine, but they put this little step in the frame to keep those standard USP magazines from seating...grrr... The magazine body is the same, just have to have that Mark 23 floorplate...

I took this shot some time back. Here is my Tactical and both Mark 23 pistols I have. They one on the right is wearing the dummy suppressor that came with it when I bought it.

The Revolver at top left is a Colt Commando from WWII with a 2 inch barrel. Only about 3000 of the 50,000 Commandos had a short barrel and the bulk went to the OSS. I can't remember why I had it grouped in this shot now...

·
Registered
116 Posts
You will really start blowing some bucks when you get into the target models. lol

My old HKP9s .45 target model.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is a relatively rare one. The USP Match .45acp in her original bag, made very briefly then replaced by two other pistols, the Elite and Expert.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Congrats! HK pistols are like gremlins, when you get one, they start to multiply fast.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
LOL well said

·
Registered
130 Posts
Collecting HKs is an addiction..a costly one. I can deal with the size, as that is what the Government asked for in the Mark 23, a big offensive weapons system, something which is not ideal with a pistol...

My biggest irritation with them is the magazines. There is no really good reason that the HK Mark23 could not have used the regular HK USP magazine, but they put this little step in the frame to keep those standard USP magazines from seating...grrr... The magazine body is the same, just have to have that Mark 23 floorplate...

I took this shot some time back. Here is my Tactical and both Mark 23 pistols I have. They one on the right is wearing the dummy suppressor that came with it when I bought it.

The Revolver at top left is a Colt Commando from WWII with a 2 inch barrel. Only about 3000 of the 50,000 Commandos had a short barrel and the bulk went to the OSS. I can't remember why I had it grouped in this shot now...

What a collection!

Btw congrats to the original poster!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts