HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I decided to take the plunge and trim my HK45 frame to make the "45K" like a fellow member did 5-6 years back. I don't know why I waited. It handles like the 45C but with the grip my big hands need. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I really dig it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Didn't realize the 45C slide would fit on a HK45 frame. I think it looks pretty cool, congrats on doing a good job. Any pics of the process?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Interesting, I've never seen that before

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just measured twice and cut once with a bandsaw. I cleaned up the front with some 300 grit sand paper. I'm definitely not the first, a fellow member Diesel1959 did the same thing a few years back. I think he used a Dremel though. The bandsaw was the easier way for me, I'm too shaky with Dremel.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Good work, MGF--she's a beaut! I still love mine and shoot it often. I know most folks wouldn't go this route; however, the results speak for themselves.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Diesel and Navyman. Nearly every HK I own is a shooter (maybe one queen, lol) and I love tinkering to make them my own.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the compliments guys. Accuracy is unaffected, the gun still shoots better than I do. It feels much more balanced to me now. When I did mag changes with the 45C, the mag would hang up on my hand and not fall free. That's a big problem for me in both competition and on the street. Problem solved now. I'll run it in a local IDPA match on 9/4 and let you know the final verdict. I'm guessing the results will be very positive.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys. Accuracy is unaffected, the gun still shoots better than I do. It feels much more balanced to me now. When I did mag changes with the 45C, the mag would hang up on my hand and not fall free. That's a big problem for me in both competition and on the street. Problem solved now. I'll run it in a local IDPA match on 9/4 and let you know the final verdict. I'm guessing the results will be very positive.
sounds great. cant wait to hear how it performs.

·
Priest of the P7
4,787 Posts
Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty cool and you did a good job, but what's the point? The butt of the gun is what's hard to conceal. Now you have an HK45 with a shorter barrel, shorter sight radius and nearly unusable pic rail. Just wondering what the motivation was, mostly because I think the HK45 is pretty perfect I guess.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty cool and you did a good job, but what's the point? The butt of the gun is what's hard to conceal. Now you have an HK45 with a shorter barrel, shorter sight radius and nearly unusable pic rail. Just wondering what the motivation was, mostly because I think the HK45 is pretty perfect I guess.
This gun is mostly a game gun for IDPA. I wanted something a bit quicker out of the holster (vs HK45) and none of the magazine hang ups I had with the grip on the 45C. I have a great kydex pancake holster that rides at 4:00 w/forward cant so printing is no issue for me if I carry it on the street. The sight radius is a non-issue for me as my duty gun is a P2000 in .40 and I'm pretty darn good with that one. The HK45K trade offs are worth it for me and definately not for everyone.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Priest of the P7
4,787 Posts
This gun is mostly a game gun for IDPA. I wanted something a bit quicker out of the holster (vs HK45) and none of the magazine hang ups I had with the grip on the 45C.
That makes good sense. Definitely a big pair of meaty clackers on ya to take a saw to her.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts