HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name is Alex and I bought my first HK and brought her home earlier this year. It's an SL8-1/G36K wannabe conversion that uses the aluminum HDPS stock block.

I fell in love with the G36 when I saw it on a TV program in 6th grade. I actually wrote a paper on it back then and why we should use it to replace the M16. I've always wanted one, and I'm very happy to have something I consider almost as close to the real deal I can get. I hope to later in the future have someone do the full conversion where a demilled stub is plastic welded onto the receiver so it can fire with the stock in the folded position and look as authentic as possible. No SBRs in Michigan, so I'll have to stick with the ~16.5" barrel. :(

I purchased it with the TN/SW conversion stock assembly, and had it swapped out with the HK G36 FBI lower and G36C stock along with the HDPS stock block, all of which far exceed the quality of the TN/SW parts. I bought some of the MagPul G36 magazines to more than make up for the two compliance parts I removed. (I bought the rifle used in excellent condition with 100 rounds through it, so I am not 100% sure on what the other compliance parts are) The rifle is a great shooter, and now has turned me into an HK guy. :) It sure turns a lot of heads too!

My next HK is going to be a USP .45 full size. I already have ammo, mags, and holsters. Just need to save my quarters for the pistol now. I am also into AKs, and have two Romy G kit built AKMs in 7.62x39. One is built by Lancaster Arms and the other by AZEX Arms.

I look forward to spending a lot of time here with all of you! :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony!

The funny thing is, I had to register the rifle as a pistol in my state of Michigan! Everyone I tell that to gets a good kick out of it. Michigan measures rifles with folding stocks with the stocks in the folded configuration. If it measures under 30 inches, it's a Michigan pistol! It's still a rifle in the eyes of the Feds though.

Alex,

Welcome to the site, and that rifle is quite nice!!! :eek:
The USP45FS is an excellent sidearm. :wink:

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts