HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up this 'minty' HK91. IC (1982) date coded with HK scope mount, crazy big Trijicon Wide 6x56 scope and a bonus surprise a MSG-90 trigger group. I was excited to just get the rifle with scope mount but the MSG-90 was a nice bonus. It also came with an original HK 5 rd mag.

The crazy back story is the 80 year old man I got it from bought it in the 1980s as a defense weapon for his restaurant. After firing 3 rds thru it (3 rds missing from the box of ammo that came with it) he put it in his vault and never touched it except to clean it!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice find.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats awesome! I saw a couple hk91s at a local gun show this past weekend and drooled a little. One had that same calw mount and some crazy german night vision optic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
I just yell at people on gunbroker for over advertising their re-finished rifles and trying to pass them off as new. Then you find this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
WOW! Great set up congrats!!

I bought this mint HK91 with the cheesy B Square claw mount installed. Thank goodness that POS claw mount was not tight and did not leave a mark on the receiver. The LGS was selling this HK91 as "excellent shape".

This gun is mark free and super minty fresh.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very nice find and great story to go with it. It's amazing how decades ago, gems like this were purchased then tucked away. HK's weren't cheap back then either. When I see these come up for sale with little to no wear or use, I always wonder what the original owner's reasons for purchase were at the time. Home defense, afraid of a ban, investment... Or in your gun's case, restaurant defense!

·
Registered
962 Posts
How much are you guys getting these for? Would be nice track prices because the new ones I see are over $4K usually when I find them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
$2K to $2.5K will take home a nice condition bare rifle.

More genuine HK goodies=more$

Makes sense if you can swing the $, as a PTR is about half the low end, but real HK91's never (rarely) have to go back for fixin'.

Life is kind of short, too short to take a chance on a rifle that may or may not work right out of the box.

Dennis

·
Registered
908 Posts
$2,600 paid for a mint one with heavy bipod, 2 steel mags, wooden and plastic furniture, hard case & shipped.

They are out there.

Dednnis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts