HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my SW93 receiver from my FFL. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality, especially for $150. It appears that my receiver was welded mostly with "freakin' laser beams"! Furniture goes on easily and it passes the "bolt drop" test. The model and serial number stampings are a little crooked.

I noticed the semi shelf has holes drilled in each side. I assume this could pose a problem with installing a paddle mag release since popular opinion is that the pin hole cannot go through both sides of the receiver. I think I will replace the semi shelf with one without pre-drilled holes. Anyway, many required pics below:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
$150 is a steal right? looks like you are gonna be running soon!!! congrats. I just bought 3 of them and 3 hk33 kits and hk53 barrels. Looks like we got the same disease. Hope my welding skills are up to it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Looks like a hole all the way through the semi shelf for the paddle pin....

That will stir the pot.....

;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a hole all the way through the semi shelf for the paddle pin....

That will stir the pot.....

;)
Yep, I addressed that in my first post. I plan on replacing it with a semi shelf without holes. I wonder why they did that?!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
because they're manufacturers and can legally drill all the way through for the paddle install. they just weld the holes up when complete.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Really nice square rails, and the gap between trigger housing and receiver is straight and level all the way across. Looks like a nice receiver all the way around. TB done good with this one.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Looks good !
Couple cosmetic issues that shouldn't be hard to fix .
I thought you already had a 53 ??
In fact I'm pretty sure I've shot it ??? Lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Wonder why the pre-drilled holes? That's a first for me... none of the receivers I bought have them.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Wonder why the pre-drilled holes? That's a first for me... none of the receivers I bought have them.
I have a guess.
It was likely slated for a production run of guns and the predrilled holes may have been a step to prepare the receiver for a paddle install. They for whatever reason scrapped the run and sold off the receivers after the process had already started.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
But why both sides? He does them the same was we do... drill to a preset depth, install the parts and pin it... then weld one side back up. Perhaps he's cleaning out some "misteaks"?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Don't know shattered. Just a guess. Maybe they don't use a jig to drill them, just center punch each side with a grip frame and drill each side to prevent the far side hole from wandering around. That's how *, er, uh, a friend of mine does them.
And it's 'mistakes'. LOL!

Sorry Shat :)

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts