HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Sweet P2000 - enjoy your new H&K pistol! :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a fair price for the gun. Where did you end up getting it at? Go take it to the range and give us a range report on how you like it especially the trigger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations! You are now a proud owner of one of the best polymer handguns in the world! Enjoy!!! :28:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think that;s a good price especially with all the add-ons. Now, get a .357SIG barrel while you can.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that;s a good price especially with all the add-ons. Now, get a .357SIG barrel while you can.
Quik, is the .357 SIG barrel drop in and can I use my existing .40 mags or do I need dedicated.357 SIG mags or followers? Thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
To put it this way. My friend has a P2000 in .40. I have a P2000 in .357SIG. We "borrow/swap" ONLY eachother's barrels at the range.

Everything else, mags etc...no need to swap.

That's about ALL I'll swap with another guy. No gay-dar hits here... ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meant to ask if your POI significantly changes when using the .357 Sig barrel? I wouldn't expect it to out to say 15 yards. Am I correct?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Your POI maybe a little off, but nothing too bad. He shot it (my barrel) with his P2k .40. He's not as good as a shot as me, he'll tell you that, but unfortunately I did not shoot it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I do not have a P2000 but a USPc in .357 with a .40 barrel and my point of impact is just about identical.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have both barrels for a SIG 226 that was originally sold as a .357 SIG. They shoot very well to point of aim. If anything the .357 is a tad more accurate. I find the recoil to be slightly less and the accuracy closer to a 9mm. At one point I had an (low quality) aftermarket barrel for a Glock 22 converting it to a .357, didn't like it as much as having actual factory components, and don't think I would do it again unless it was one of the more reputable barrel makers like Jarvis or Bar Sto. All that you need is to field strip and switch the barrel. Because the rear portion of the .357 case is a .40 the slide and magazines all function as if shooting a .40 cal. My personal feeling is the .357 is overlooked as a quality defense caliber, and most hype falls in the favor of .40s and .45s. Who wouldn't want the same ballistics (velocity and energy) achieved by the legendary .357 magnum revolver carried on the hips of America's police for so many years all in a semi auto with better accuracy, lower recoil, and twice the round count?

Congrats on your buy. Seems pretty spot on for getting three mags and night sights on the weapon. My .40C cost me about that OTD without night sights and two kinder-gentler CA safe 10rd mags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts