HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a P30s v3 9mm for awhile now. Last week lahilljack(Mike) sent my new HK to me. I went down my trail into a deep forest/swamp to try it out. I shot one mag. at ~21feet with 124gr Winchester Nato and was more than happy to see my group's become one tight cluster.

The brass was throwing nicely so the next mag. i shot 15rds of 115gr Magtech all flawless. The gun will be a delight to shoot that's for certain. Not much of a range report but my r leg was bothering me so i called it a Great time!!

Later maybe next week i'll go to a indoor range or a outdoor one where i can sit to really see what the gun will do. Me standing i'm not real stable.

The gun was really covered in the preservative even in the slide. Gave it a good cleaning before it was shot. Then put some Militec-1 oil/grease for smooth day. Tho a brief shoot this sure made my day!! :wink:

·
Banned
188 Posts
Congrats! Post pics ASAP! You will love this gun. :)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! Post pics ASAP! You will love this gun. :)
I will, i'll borrow my daughter's I-Phone4s has a very nice camera on it, thank's....

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Glad to see you happy and found something worthwhile!! It isn't quantity it is quality,soundalike a good time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congratulations! I'm glad you're happy with it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good stuff, sound like you love your P30LS as much as I love mine. Mine has just crossed the 6K mark and is doing perfectly. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Now that you have had the opportunity to shoot both, how do they compare for you? Will the P30 L become your range gun? How much do you see yourself shooting one vs. the other?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new HK!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now that you have had the opportunity to shoot both, how do they compare for you? Will the P30 L become your range gun? How much do you see yourself shooting one vs. the other?
When i put them side by side i see just a small difference. I think it's like ~.5 longer barrel. I put the large side's and medium back on and my trigger finger is right where i want it (no adjusting my grip this way). I have leather cheap holster it fit's in. So when i get deeper into my carry ammo i would carry it.

I plan to bring my L and one of my standard P30s and see how i do when i speed up shooting.

Plus when you get the grip to fit your hand i noticed that the reset we hear too much about imo seem's like less. Not a placebo but i was having to adjust my long finger as it came set-up from HK.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to see you happy and found something worthwhile!! It isn't quantity it is quality,soundalike a good time.
It was a great day.gt you should see this forest, river and so much land i walk across from my house into to shoot. Wise word's!! thank's...

Congratulations! I'm glad you're happy with it. :wink:
I see that you bought your's from lahilljack (Mike) as me. Getting any gun from Mike is a pleasure. Look forward to see how you like your's.

nice!!!! its next onm list
I sure hope you get one nothing quite like any P30....

You're doin that gun right deehkman! Keep it up!!
Thank's it sure needed a good cleaning and some of our Militec...

Good stuff, sound like you love your P30LS as much as I love mine. Mine has just crossed the 6K mark and is doing perfectly. Happy shooting!
Thank's 6k round's. I believe you shoot competetion. thank's....

Congrats.
Thank's sure is fun to shoot. Your's turned out Very Nice and functional. Patent that idea....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dang I hope I don't go broke with HK fever before even shooting one, ha! I'm new to all this but yea that P30 looks like another amazing gun to own not to mention how good it looks....congrats to you and hope your leg is doing better.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Dang I hope I don't go broke with HK fever before even shooting one, ha! I'm new to all this but yea that P30 looks like another amazing gun to own not to mention how good it looks....congrats to you and hope your leg is doing better.
Remember to save enough money for ammo! :wink:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quality and Reliability make HK's to me the finest production gun's available. Thank's for the kind word's actually my re-built r leg is the least of my problem's. I had to learn to walk again after 8 month's in the Hosp. and Home health care. Found a neuro-surgeon who i hope can do something with neck c4-c8 in Bethesda,MD. Around here all i hear is too much damage to operate....But i'm alive and shooting my HK's that i'm more than thankful for!!

There is no Hope for the HK Fever. I've had it since like 1994 or 95 when the USP.45's came out. I you don't have one "yet' i hope you will soon. There are some real nice LNIB HK's out there for sale on here and the classified's on the Glock forum, good luck..

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm very happy to read that your P30 L is treating you right. It's a top tier pistol by any measure.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quality and Reliability make HK's to me the finest production gun's available. Thank's for the kind word's actually my re-built r leg is the least of my problem's. I had to learn to walk again after 8 month's in the Hosp. and Home health care. Found a neuro-surgeon who i hope can do something with neck c4-c8 in Bethesda,MD. Around here all i hear is too much damage to operate....But i'm alive and shooting my HK's that i'm more than thankful for!!

There is no Hope for the HK Fever. I've had it since like 1994 or 95 when the USP.45's came out. I you don't have one "yet' i hope you will soon. There are some real nice LNIB HK's out there for sale on here and the classified's on the Glock forum, good luck..
Sorry to hear that, your mind and spirit are strong and that makes all the difference! I just got a new (but manufactured in 07') USP 40 tactical/something and can't wait to try it out. Will probably be a few weeks do to work, etc...

IMO the P30 has to be one of the best looking guns I've ever seen, enjoy!

Best wishes to your health

1 - 20 of 30 Posts