HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to this, it's my second HK clone. I was very happy with the Cohaire CA94 that I purchased and thought nuisances like fighting to get the mag in and out, tight fitting butt, pins that need to be hammered out, some FTE stove pipes...were just part of the beast and if I wanted perfect sell one of the cars and get a real one!

I wish I did my research before and Ghillie's (Jeff) was my first HK clone. I just received today my MP5 that I will be SBR it. I purchased a de-milled German parts kit that I used the collapsible stock from it on my Cohaire and sent the rest to Jeff. When I picked it up at my FFL today I just couldn't believe the difference, the receiver has crisp lines and details not found on the Cohaire or just too worn out from old dies, rivets like a real German where welds are found on the Cohaire. The magazines slides in like butter with a wonderful click telling me it's ready.

The workmanship is in a class on to itself, I'm sending my Cohaire in tomorrow to have Jeff fit in one of his receivers on. Due to the snow storm here in Illinois I didn't have a chance to try it out yet but will report on it in another thread. Thanks Jeff you made my day!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Ghillie how much do you charge to make a coharie run with no problems, I havent even shot mine yet and I had it for a year. PM me with a price. Great work as usual

·
Registered
213 Posts
That is great news on your build! When my deployment ends, I will be undertaking a similar project, hope it goes as well for me!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jeff is good people :) I have an MP5 pistol built from a German that I got directly from him too. Still need to file the damn SBR paperwork on it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm fairly new to this, it's my second HK clone. I was very happy with the Cohaire CA94 that I purchased and thought nuisances like fighting to get the mag in and out, tight fitting butt, pins that need to be hammered out, some FTE stove pipes...were just part of the beast and if I wanted perfect sell one of the cars and get a real one!

I wish I did my research before and Ghillie's (Jeff) was my first HK clone. I just received today my MP5 that I will be SBR it. I purchased a de-milled German parts kit that I used the collapsible stock from it on my Cohaire and sent the rest to Jeff. When I picked it up at my FFL today I just couldn't believe the difference, the receiver has crisp lines and details not found on the Cohaire or just too worn out from old dies, rivets like a real German where welds are found on the Cohaire. The magazines slides in like butter with a wonderful click telling me it's ready.

The workmanship is in a class on to itself, I'm sending my Cohaire in tomorrow to have Jeff fit in one of his receivers on. Due to the snow storm here in Illinois I didn't have a chance to try it out yet but will report on it in another thread. Thanks Jeff you made my day!
sbr in illinois? isn't that an oxymoron?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can see I'm new to this, thanks for letting me know how things are in Illinois.

I'l upload some pictures of it this weekend. In the the meantime you can see one http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114938 it's the last image.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
That is great news on your build! When my deployment ends, I will be undertaking a similar project, hope it goes as well for me!
Same here, man!

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
You can see I'm new to this, thanks for letting me know how things are in Illinois.

I'l upload some pictures of it this weekend. In the the meantime you can see one http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114938 it's the last image.
Sorry about the bad news about your state. If you want a stock on it you're gonna have to go with a full length (over 16") barrel. This must be the picture of your gun:

Very nice looking gun.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have a CA94 with a retractable stock that Ghillie has now to be de-milled and parts put into his receiver. The CA94 ran ok but the mag fit was terrible, was a pain to get it in and out. The butt was also hard to to take off and on, actually using a hammer to put it in place. I'll be changing some parts on it and a new trigger pack.

It was HK day for me at the range yesterday trying my new firearms, Ghillie's and a USP Compact 9mm, what a great day! The MP5 worked flawlessly shooting Remington UMC and Blazer FMJ with no problems at all. I wonder putting a sling on it would help since there is no butt? Which one would you recommend and the proper way to use it?

The USP compact was awesome compared to my Beretta PX4, recoil was almost non-existent compared to the PX4 holding very tight groupings at 25 yards that I never achieved with the Beretta.

Maybe someone can help me on this question, the USP had some weird smell after firing that I have not smelled in any of my other weapons, a burnt type smell. Also, the casing go flying out all over the place and never ejecting the same angle. Is this common with the USP?

Can't wait to get the 94 back from Ghillie!!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a ghillie-built HK53 pistol and I put an A1 endcap on it with a single point bungee type sling. This setup works great and lets me hit center of mass at 100m. I use this as my "car gun" so I can't SBR it due to having to cross state lines for work. With the sling, it's accurate enough out to the end of it's realistic maximum range. You can add a surefire forend and it will not only give you a light but the light housing serves as a handstop so You don't get your fingers in front of the muzzle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just ordered a HK single point sling from HKparts, should help keeping the gun steady.

Still having problems with that low profile claw mount to attach. Every time it seems everything is right, it's not straight, try to fix it and it pops off with the slightest pressure. The only thing I'm doing is scratching the heck out of the receiver. Even the slightest angle on the mount really throws off the Eotech when mounted. Any help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts