HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new purchase ( an old USP40) to the range w/ 300 rnds the other day. I can say I like it. Light recoil and good accuracy w/ everything I sfuffed in it!!! Better than my Sigs and better than my Glocks. Not much better, but still, every little bit matters right? I did notice it shot a little low. Shot real low w/ Speer Gold Dot 155 grn. Maybe a higher front sight blade. Never gave me a bit of problems. An enjoyable handgun. Even tried limp wristing and other things. No jams. I did notice though that sometimes when the slide is locked back and you do a mag change the slide will go back into battery when you release the empty mag. Hmmmmm........ Any answers? Thanks for everything?

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's normal for the slide to go into battery from slide lock when doing a reload. It's one of the features I appreciate most on my HK's.

The sights are dead-on when I do my part. I would suspect that the shooting low is your anticipation of recoil and not the sights.

Try mixing a random snap cap or two in with your live ammo in the magazine. Watch what you do when pulling the trigger with each shot. When the hammer falls on the snap cap, watch to see if the gun jerks down, it could mean you're fliching.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Enjoy the hell out of her! Congrats!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about anticipating the recoil. I think it has to do w/ me though. I had to put higher rear sights on all my Glocks and drift the rear all the way to the right to hit POA.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot had to move my Sig sight too. Also, I should mention when I testing loads/factory ammo for accuracy and POA I shot from the gun resting on a rest. I don't think I explained it right C-class, when I drop the empty mag the gun about 30-40% of the time the slide would go into battery. Not when you slam home a full mag. Glocks do that and my USP does it too. I do like that as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts