HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I now have a P30 in my hands....my dealer here got only one in on an early order. The only thing is I let my friend borrow my [email protected] camera.

First off let me just say as ugly as some people think these grips are....they feel amazing. Perfectly contours my hand as well as those at the gunstore who held it. Ill have a more in depth write up as soon as I can get my camera back. The gun feels and points great, trigger wise it exactly like the p2000 v3....at least that's what it feels like to me.

Dimension wise it's very close to the P2000, just very slightly longer in the grip area. Another weird thing I noticed is that the factory H&K white dot sights are now yellow.

Also it was about $860.00 out the door...pricey but you know what happens when you have to have one =)

Edit: Pics Sorry for the crappy quality as I used the cell phone

·
Registered
851 Posts
Very nice. I'll have to call my local shop to see if they are getting any in. I just want to check it out in person.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops... the big yellow sights are actually night sights....they are the brightest I've ever seen and they're huge. Is HK making these in house now?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Congrats!!!!!! Shouldn't you be at the range right now so you can tell us how she shoots LOL :61: Your so lucky!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its 129-001993 not sure what that means. might as well put it up since All my others show in the pictures

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats!!!!!! Shouldn't you be at the range right now so you can tell us how she shoots LOL :61: Your so lucky!!!!
LOL I'm debating running up there right now actually. Hmmmmmmm, only thing is don't know if I have any money left for ammo after I bought it lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
The guns and ammo test gun was 129-000367 i think, that's 1626 guns before yours. There may be several thousand in this first shipment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Now the seed has been planted in my mind.

I have absolutely no reason or need to buy it right now, but I will manufacture one in the next few months, and willbe trading in some other gun I love right now, at an incredible loss to fund getting one of these.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey fellas...this is a new gun for me, I have not seen much about it. Why is this such a great gun? Does it incorporate some new and improved features?

Dammit, I just bought a USP in .45. Do I have to trade up already?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well it's really a P2000 with

+2 rounds
Longer barrel + sight radius
More customizable grip
front serrations
picatinny rail

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats. Nice score. $100 more than a P2000, ouch. My credit card is already crying Uncle. The sights are not night sights per se, but Superluminova. Same stuff that is on watch hands and dials. They dont glow without a charge of sorts (sun or light). Dont expect them to be bright after spending a couple of days in a safe. They charge pretty fast though.

Off to the range with you so we can hear how it shoots.

Do holsters for the P2000 fit it?

·
Registered
870 Posts
What's your dealer's name and phone number. From what I understand they are going to be in limmited numbers looking for a good source for a buddy of mine!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats. Nice score. $100 more than a P2000, ouch. My credit card is already crying Uncle. The sights are not night sights per se, but Superluminova. Same stuff that is on watch hands and dials. They dont glow without a charge of sorts (sun or light). Dont expect them to be bright after spending a couple of days in a safe. They charge pretty fast though.

Off to the range with you so we can hear how it shoots.

Do holsters for the P2000 fit it?
Yeah that's what I thought...Didn't look like regular night sights to me. For the holster I've been using a Sig 229r Milt Sparks VMII and it actually fits perfect with the p2000, I'll try out the P30 but it's not really gonna mean much to you guys since it's not a P2000 holster.

Also I'll try to get some side by side of the internals up for those interested. I bought the P30 from

Antique & Modern Firearms
Lexington, KY
859-276-1419

they only had this one but said some more are on the way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought...Didn't look like regular night sights to me. For the holster I've been using a Sig 229r Milt Sparks VMII and it actually fits perfect with the p2000, I'll try out the P30 but it's not really gonna mean much to you guys since it's not a P2000 holster.

Also I'll try to get some side by side of the internals up for those interested. I bought the P30 from

Antique & Modern Firearms
Lexington, KY
859-276-1419

they only had this one but said some more are on the way.
Can you shoot them one after the other to tell us about recoil differences, and handling characteristics? Give us a play by play. Very nice pistol, congrats!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also is it in LEM?, or is it SA/DA? I heard from a dealer it would only be in LEM :confused: I hope this isn't the case. I would prefer a SA/DA.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts