HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you are loking for a good holster for your P7 check out these photos.
Here are some pics of my P7 and the Haugen Leather in the pants holster, mag pouch, and belt. The fit is supreme and looks great. Holster retention is perfect, not loose, but not giving me a wedgie when unholstering.The magazine fits snug and draws quick. Just a great set up. Now that I am going to carry her in the pants I need to think of a refinish!
The pics are deceiving. It looks like there is a ton of wear on the bluing but is the dry spots from holstering it a bunch of times.

I hope you like the pics and concider calling Haugen. You won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
472 Posts
Beauty!!

That is a VERY nice looking rig! Looks like it would be very comfortable as well. A beautiful gun deserves beautiful leather IMO.

Good leather pays for itself....

ARKAY

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have bought many things from them and have been pleased. Their customer service is top notch!

Happy Shooting!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Good to see that you finally got a P7! Holster looks very nice and comfortable. How much did it cost you and what was the turn around time? Send it to Tripps for his hard chrome finish.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Great looking carry rig, very high quality!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments guys. I am not sure what finish I want to do. I figure I will wear the heck out of the bluing then give her a new life. I am back and forth between Tripps and Robar NP3. On the other hand I have seen some P7's done in Melonite that look pretty tite as well. I like Blactical finshes how ever I do have a few chrome, nickel and stainless pieces. I just don't know what I want for the P7. Black or Chome. I will pass on the OD green for the P7.

As far as the time line. They said 6-8 weeks but it only took about 4 weeks.
The holster was $79.95
The mag pouch was $35.95
The belt was $44.95

I bought a shark skin holster for my 1911 from him and it rocks!! I also had a Python holster from him as well. The exotics got lots of compliments when I was working at the range!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The turn around time is not bad at all as well as the price. It sure beats waiting up to a year for some other makers. If you dont mind please take some pics of the 1911 holster as I would like to see the shark skin.
Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I just took the pictures and the flash makes it look really brown it also detracts from the detail of the shark skin. In reality it looks almost black and much more defined. On top of that the flash makes the OD green on the 1911 look like Linda Blairs vomit. Haugen has two shark skin finish options, black and brown.
When I ordered the holster it was before I decided to refinish the 1911 in that color scheme. I hope you like them.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the pics USMCMP5A3. Both holsters look great! I have always had a thing for exotic holsters especially shark skin.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problem. I like the skins to! It is too bad they are so expensive! Plus here in mASS you can not show off your holster with out being surrounded by ten State Troopers and twenty local officers! :48:
In this state if you carry a gun you must be up to no good. :92:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The turn around time is not bad at all as well as the price. It sure beats waiting up to a year for some other makers. If you dont mind please take some pics of the 1911 holster as I would like to see the shark skin.
Thanks
Hey I was just reading American Handgunner and there are some better pics of the Haugen Exotics. They are only mag pouches but that is what the article is on. Page 57 shows a Haugen double mag pouch in python and a couple of single pouches in black shark.

Much better pics than the ones I posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
USMCMP5A3,

How thick is the holster, loop to bodyshield?

My first leather was a REALLY THICK IWB that scared me off IWB holsters for a while. I really like this holster but comfort-wise I know I need to limit myself to thinner IWB choices.

I appreciate any information, plus feedback on how it carries.

Thanks,
B.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is narrow not as bulky as some of my other ITWB holsters. I love the feel of this holster. You can run it all day and still be comfortable when you finally kick off the shoes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts