HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a chance to put some more rounds through the PDW today after picking it up earlier in the week and it will probably take a month to wipe the smile off of my face. Initially the paddle release was extremely stiff and was not dropping the mags without a fight. I spent the past few days popping mags in and out until it loosened up. It is now super smooth and releases the mags like butter with no additional work. I also swapped the rear sight assembly with my zenith as I prefer the holes over the notches in the drum. Interestingly enough I had it dialed all the way down and it was still hitting a couple inches high at 25 yards. It was dead on while attached to the Z5RS so that’s something I’ll need to figure out. If anyone has suggestions I’m all ears.

With that said, the SP5K is everything I had hoped it would be and so much more. I’ve been pining for this gun for years and I can’t believe it’s finally here. I fed it a mix S&B 115s and 124s and Blazer and American Eagle 147s. There were no hang ups at all with the subs and it ran them just fine with the can which was a pleasant surprise.

All in all it was a great day at the range!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Amazing setup. I love it.

Reactions: Gamera

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can you get us some good pictures of the top and bottom of the bolt carrier and the semi blocks in the gun?

·
Registered
51 Posts
For those who have received their PDW, is the trigger housing any different from the SP5K? The TFL video said it was, but I don’t exactly understand why.

·
Registered
159 Posts
For those who have received their PDW, is the trigger housing any different from the SP5K? The TFL video said it was, but I don’t exactly understand why.
The PDW comes with the ESSL (extended safety/selector lever) that comes on the SP5 instead of the shorter levers that came on the SP5K.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. I went back and watched the video again, I think he was just saying it was a Navy housing, not the earlier version.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome!!! Congrats on finding one. Did u find it at your LGS?
Thanks! Yeah my LGS hooked me up. I called the day it was announced and asked them to let me know if they were offered one. He called me a week later and gave me the good news.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks! Yeah my LGS hooked me up. I called the day it was announced and asked them to let me know if they were offered one. He called me a week later and gave me the good news.
Same here, just grabbed mine today! Glad they like me over there haha! Sweet setup you have on yours! I'm glad it shoots as good as it looks since I won't have a chance to shoot mine for at least a couple weeks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts