HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this item as a factory sbr (new - old stock). Though it was in an on-line auction, I was fortunate enough to go look at it prior to the purchase to confirm origin of parts and quality of build etc.

Overall it looks very nice but what sold me was the major parts. The following is German: Barrel (threaded), complete bolt group, BHO, & magazine. I kind of stopped there as that's all I really needed to see. I didn't realize that these parts existed in this model Vector but was glad to see them. All in all, I think this will make another fine sear host and go nicely with my Gemtech Raptor-40 that is pending:)

I've had very good luck with my V53 and hope for the same with this V89. If anyone has had experience with these factory sbr's, I'd like to hear their feedback. The serial number range is VFG03x. Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I'd love to have one in 10mm but the lack of quality barrels really sucks. Very nice example though. I like!!

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
I had a .40 build from a MP5 40 kit and it ran perfect on semi and full auto, I regreated selling it so much I bought it back, as soon as the paperwork clears its off to the back woods for some full auto love.

Congrats on your new purchase it looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I have the same vector with the same stock. It shoots well, and I love the 40 cal vs the 9mm. Nice one!! Hope you like it.

·
Vendor
2,159 Posts
I reread this, mine is almost set up same, but run an A3 on mine w/ surefire most of the time, I love it. I also have a raptor .40 in transfer. Building out a semi c/p ambi housing (0,1,F). I will likely keep both, let it spawn into a 10mm...

·
Banned
125 Posts
I'm getting one of these soon. I want to SBR it like yours but going to have to wait. I'm dropping all my cash on just getting it first. I found the vector with pin and welded barrel or the coharie 40 pistol. I'm not sure which to get. You having any issue with the vector magazines?

by the way super nice gun.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a .40 build from a MP5 40 kit and it ran perfect on semi and full auto, I regreated selling it so much I bought it back...
THAT says alot! Wish I could buy back a couple of NFA items I've sold - at the price I sold them.

Congrats to viriceman on the new SBR - great looking unit. The MP5 in 40 seems to have a big allure...

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update with pictures!

Here are some current pictures:

Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Rifle
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

So here it is with my Raptor-40. I'm using a #26 locking piece with the can and it works great. I had to do a detailed cleaning as there was quite a bit of "grease" (suspect a type of lapping compound) but it runs very smooth with the bolt group sliding nicely along the rails without slop. The only issue (not a complete surprise) is that I can't seem to find an optics mount that will fit (tried them all) so I may go with a welded rail as I don't feel it will really take away from the gun (clone receiver). Though tight, I'm glad the B&T stock fits without affecting functioning. Overall quite pleased and happy that I got into the .40 game when I did because now it is a zoo.

PS: Because I had to dremel the BHO "cut" on my burst trigger housing for fit, I elected to practice on one of my older housings. Fleming still came through with flawless operation and bolt hold open at end:)

·
Vendor
2,159 Posts
I have had my .40 from some time, and new to the raptor .40. I run a 26 as well. Nice setup.

I like the raptor 40 as it can pull double duty w the Mk9k insert w standard 9mm trilug. Actually have a second coming to run dedicated on my K clone.

Your rifle looks great. I love the 4 position lower, you have good taste sir.

I just got a rail in trade so I want to try it out for a bit. Look into a surefire hand guard w a lm1 head, as noted in another thread. I sold my surefire A15 adapter for clearance issues on my .40 and am buying a lm1 head.

My obligatory pics its not ment as trolling so I will take them down if you want

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Rifle
Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun

Looks good Ben! You just reminded me that I needed to replace the stock forearm with my Surefire and A17 adapter that's been sitting in the safe. My IGF MP5 (HK94) with my 9mm Raptor is at the top.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Sweet. Nice new toy. Welcome to the .40 club. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.