HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to make another handgun purchase. I have a p2000SK .40 and a USP in 45. I want something else and I don't like the expert or elite. I am embarrassed to say it is just because they look wierd to me. I target shoot a lot and want to get into some IDPA stuff. It seems like most of the IDPA enthusiasts like 1911's but I have no experience in them. I would like to get another HK, probably a Compact USP. Any disadvantage to a 45 cal compact? Of course I realize the mag only holds 8, but other than that I like it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a USPf .45 and a USPc in .40 and recently got into IDPA as well. Both of my pistols are DA/SA, which is a real challenge for IDPA.

I initiated a thread a week or so ago asking for members thoughts about the Combat Competition vs. 1911 for IDPA use and did not get any responses.

It's great to compete with what I carry, but as I have gotten more competitive and look to improve my overal placings, I reluctantly will most likely go with a 9mm, all steel 1911 specifically for IDPA.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Trying to compare a 1911 and a USP is as apples and oranges as it comes. The only thing they have in common is they launch bullets after the hammer drops. A 1911 gives you every customization option under the sun. The USP gives you well.... none. Other IDPA options include Glock, CZ/Tanfoglio, EAA or Para. They are all high customizable pistols. HK makes a fine pistol. It just wasn't made to be competitive.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I want something else and I don't like the expert or elite. I am embarrassed to say it is just because they look wierd to me.
The Expert and the Elite are both great guns. I actually like the Expert a bit better, than the Elite, but that is personal preference. The Expert actually shoots in the same class with guns double the price. You should check them out and shoot one, if you can.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When I first purchased an HK, I didn't even give the Expert or Elite second looks at the shop. They never appealed to me. 6 months later, here I am in the middle of negotiation a dealing for an Expert in 9mm. I can live with its looks because it shoots amazing. Go figure :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Depends on money and preferrence, I have seen Browning High Power(9mm 13rds) with trigger jobs performed nicely. FN now owns the design and CDNN has them for around $400. Mags r cheap and 9mm is pocket book friendly. Has the new HK Competition IDPA come out since the guns and ammo review. I was wondering if anyone has shot one/how it performed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The major issue

I haven't ventured into a non hk handgun search as of yet. I honestly didn't think I would ever have to. However, the more we talk about it the more it seems that hk doesn't usually compete in IDPA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts