HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so it got an OD green one. ;)

Figured I would spray the M3 with some Brownell's Alumahyde II for a better match on my Custom Combat. I think it turned out pretty well. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
83 Posts
That looks great. I have been working on my m6 for my Glock 22 o.d. green. You nailed that one right on the dot. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
That looks really cool. Good job matching!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys! :) A black light just looked too out of place. Funny how a little paint makes such a dramatic difference.

Good Job! Can you paint the writing green also??? All green/black would look sweet!
LOL, actually almost did that! :D I have an AR15 with Flat Dark Earth furniture, and I am painting the rollmarks FDE. I did the red and white lettering to go with the red and white marks on the safety. Kind of "pulls" the colors out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I assume you took the light apart before painting it?
I just removed the black parts shown: front lens and bulb, and toggle switch/batteries.

Yeah, you might as well color in the lettering with OD Green!
I tried it on my OD green Walther P99 recently, and it didn't look very good. I ended up taking the green paint back out. It is too dark to really be noticed at all. I have tinkered with different colors on different guns, and I have found that the best colors to fill rollmarks are brighter ones: white, red, silver, and lighter tan.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks great! The OD Green looks soooo nice on the USP.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again, gang!

Turbo because of your pics, I'm going to pick up Brownell's Alumahyde II! Thanks!
Dude, I love the stuff. I have used it for years now. I have refinished AR and HK magazines, touched up nicks on receivers, etc. If you clean the surface well and let the paint dry for a long time (like 72 hours before even touching it), the results will be awesome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Slide accents

I really like the red and white accents on the slide (green would be nice too, but I see you stuck with HK colors) -- was that done the way I think it was...? Small brush, steady hand? Or did the gun come that way?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I simply used Testor's model paint and a toothpick. One drop off the end of a toothpick almost completely fills in one letter. No paint brush required. Took all of 5 minutes to paint, including clean up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts