HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got the call earlier today to come pick up the p30! It came out great, a little darker than I was looking for, but I couldn't be more pleased. My photo skills however are lacking! I've got a photographer buddy that I am waiting to get back in town to see what he can do with it.

For those curious, I had it done at Ott Gunworks in Douglasvilla,GA. http://www.ottgunworks.com/ All for 110 bucks. Great service and he told me a 10 day turnaround time, which ended up being about 5 including saturday and sunday. Of course, i lost almost all the markings on the slide due to the bead blast that must be done prior to the cerakote. I think I might color fill HK with black, but then again i'll probably leave it alone.

Anyway, here are some pics

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
That works brother! I like it a lot! I probably would have went with a dark brown, but nothing wrong with this color!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Looks good but what's with the safety / decocker on both sides?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Came out great! Why the slide and not the frame?

·
Banned
219 Posts
Eh. Not bad. Not my cup of tea, though. I'd rather see how the frame holds up with a good Cerakote job.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
I found the P30 finish just fine and would not change it.
I would not spend $110 on it. I rather buy 3 extra magazines!
But then, it's your gun and you have to like it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
^ LOL....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
219 Posts
For HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG ONE HANDED WEAPON SYSTEM MANIPULATIONS at Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It reminds me of poop.
Thats what I was getting at with the photo skills are no bueno. I cant fet my camera to pick up what it looks like in person.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Came out great! Why the slide and not the frame?
Didnt want to risk a full cerakote job with a shop I had not had experience with. But kind of glad I didn't, I like the contrast.

Eh. Not bad. Not my cup of tea, though. I'd rather see how the frame holds up with a good Cerakote job.
I've been thinking about finding a real cheap trade in uspc 45 and doing the whole thing in either sniper gray or some shade of fde

Anyone know how they are making the tan frames for the 45c group buy? Are they cerakoted?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You mean like this?
I care about function more than looks. Now I have less to worry about if my bloody or wet hands causing my hand to slide off it, if I'm in a gun fight. But I'm sure if you're the type to look at your guns more than shoot them, roll on with your bad self.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
For HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG ONE HANDED WEAPON SYSTEM MANIPULATIONS at Best Buy.
Incase a threat shoots your arm clean off with .45ACP and you need to MANIPULATE THE WEAPON SYSTEM with your support hand on your leg/thigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
219 Posts
I care about function more than looks. Now I have less to worry about if my bloody or wet hands causing my hand to slide off it, if I'm in a gun fight. But I'm sure if you're the type to look at your guns more than shoot them, roll on with your bad self.

tl;dr

1 - 20 of 60 Posts