HKPRO Forums banner

My P30 saved my life on Monday!!

24K views 97 replies 80 participants last post by  96GTS 
#1 · (Edited)
I am a police officer who carried an HK since I was hired. Monday night while on duty I was put in a bad spot with a person, with no reguard for human life(shooting a .357 magnum) and had no choice but to use deadly force to protect civilians, my partner, and myself. My 9mm P30 saved my life! no bulls#@t. It was justified. I am not happy I had to do that but its my job. I cant wait to get my P30 back, and until then i will carry my HK45. thank you HK for making such a fine product.

#9 ·
Great job!!! Don't feel bad you did what you had to do to protect yourself and others.

Looks like that P30 stepped up to the plate when you called on it. You may be the first person in the US to have proven the P30 in combat.

take care and stay safe

PS: you know that you will be "married" to your P30 for the rest of your life.....

#12 ·
Be proud. You REACTED, took an aimed shot (is it correct what they say in the news - two hits at across the street? Now that´s an amazing proof of Yourself under some serious stress..), didn´t endangered others Yourself. VERY well done.

#15 ·
Glad that YOU are okay!

You did the right thing and you did what you had to do. You are going home to your family.

It is good that you did not become a victim of these pieces of SH## - like when they killed your brother officer - Officer Chuck Cassidy.

And our politicians want to get rid of the death penalty!

#17 ·
You went home, bad guy didn't.

Lesson for the bad guys...don't do dumb sh&t.

A word of encouragement here, don't keep it inside. You may not need any assitance, but even if it's a few beers and close friends, talk it out.

Believe me, it will help later.

#20 ·
Glad it worked and you're safe... not sure I like the part about the city trying to revoke the business license of that place... do they think that because there's no club there will be no crime? The criminals will simply go elsewhere within the city right?

BTW: I'm not a bar-goer (and definately not a gentleman's club attendee) but I don't quite see how revoking his license is related to the crime...

#42 · (Edited)
+1

I was thinking the same thing. I dont know how the club can be at fault here.

Probly were looking for a reason to shut it down.

I find this thread a little disturbing. First, I'm really glad Kilo is OK. We are constantly reminded about the **** walking around on our street when something like this happens.

Second, someone is dead. In that context , many posts made thus far are somewhat disturbing. There are no winners in these instances and this is no hunting expedition.

This kind of thing can be very tough on an officer and I hope Kilo takes full advantage of all the services available if they are necessary today or next year, when and if needed.
+1

This wasn't a good thing that happend.

I know internet commando's cant wait for the chance to put all that range training to the test, but when someone looses a life it's never a good thing, and when someone takes a life it's never a good thing.

I also dont like how this somehow 'validates' the P30. It's a gun, it did what it was made to do. Just because it has taken a life doesn't make yours any more special.

On top of that, someone mentioned marking it to symbolize the 'kill', comn.. seriously.. The officer in question did the right thing, and would do it again if needed, I dont think that is something he wants to be reminded of on a daily basis.

This isn't a game, this isn't a sport. It's a tragic end for everyone involved. I'm glad the officer is ok, and I'm glad he safe. I just found it in bad taste the way some of the posts came across.

#22 ·
I'm not a LEO, but I do work armed. Well done and thank you for doing the right thing when the heat was on. You have proven your metal. I hope you will have peace about it.
To your contenuing good service a hearty Hear! Hear! Be well and be safe.
Arthur

#24 ·
Well like Ive said before, not real thrilled about my sister applying to Penn due to the area, but glad you are around ;)

#26 ·
Kilo great to hear you and your partner are alright. Talk about the incident with your commrads, its gonna help.

*I would wrap a black band around the grip on that particular weapon in honor of those who have not made it home after shift, and retire it to the safe - and get another P30 for duty!*

Best wishes and thanks for taking a stand for all free men and women on the streets of America!!

**Salute!**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.