HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a P30. I waited a year or more before I decided to buy this gun. (I have owned a HK 91 in 1997. I was impressed with the acurracy of the 91. I used greek surplus and with the open drum sight thats on the 91, I was able 2 rock the 200 yrd plate every 4 out of 5 shots.) I waited a long time before I purchased the P30 due to the needs/expectancy of my requirements. I have owned numerous 1911 variants( Les Baer, Kimber, Colt, Springfiels etc) Sigs, Beretta & S&W autos. I wanted a defense gun thats was versatile, accurate and adaptable. Nights sights also a rail. I went to the range and shot my P30 for the first time. I am very impressed. I feed it 115 grs,124 & 147 fmj and Hollow point 115,124 and 147. (Total of 227 rds)I shot additional 2 rds of every defense round made. The P30 ate the ammo like a shark with no problems. Accuracy was under 1.75 @ 25yrds also of course @ yrds closer was exellent indeed. My only complaint is the trigger is a little gritty and long However for my requirements this was fine. I believe this is the best defensive/battle pistol out there. I am happy with my P30. Hats off to HK

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I believe this is the best defensive/battle pistol out there.
+1
Congrats on your P30! Keep shooting/dryfiring as the trigger seems to get better with the more rounds you put through it (at least mine did).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought a P30. I waited a year or more before I decided to buy this gun. (I have owned a HK 91 in 1997. I was impressed with the acurracy of the 91. I used greek surplus and with the open drum sight thats on the 91, I was able 2 rock the 200 yrd plate every 4 out of 5 shots.) I waited a long time before I purchased the P30 due to the needs/expectancy of my requirements. I have owned numerous 1911 variants( Les Baer, Kimber, Colt, Springfiels etc) Sigs, Beretta & S&W autos. I wanted a defense gun thats was versatile, accurate and adaptable. Nights sights also a rail. I went to the range and shot my P30 for the first time. I am very impressed. I feed it 115 grs,124 & 147 fmj and Hollow point 115,124 and 147. (Total of 227 rds)I shot additional 2 rds of every defense round made. The P30 ate the ammo like a shark with no problems. Accuracy was under 1.75 @ 25yrds also of course @ yrds closer was exellent indeed. My only complaint is the trigger is a little gritty and long However for my requirements this was fine. I believe this is the best defensive/battle pistol out there. I am happy with my P30. Hats off to HK
I may not agree with you your quote that the P30 is the "best defensive/battle pistol out there", ulose2, but I do agree it's a great 9mm design. Personally, I prefer a major caliber over the 9mm, and I prefer the 1911 platform over the others, but for you the P30 seems to have 'hit-a-spot' which makes you feel confident, and that's a big part of performance under fire...

If you like the P30, perhaps the HK45 might even be a better selection for you as a carry/defensive weapon. Since the trigger on the P30 seemed to be your only complaint, a variant 1 on the HK45 (DA/SA/Decocker/SAO) will give you better feeling trigger; it will also give you .45ACP performance. A 'cocked & locked' HK45 shooting SAO from the 'get-go' is a good option, and the HK45 will give you the feel and reliability of your P30...

The best thing I liked about your comments was the fact that you thought out what you wanted, and based on that thought process, found a handgun that met all your requirements. And to me, since it's a H&K product, your thought process is a good one...

H&K makes one tough/reliable/accurate/good-pointing polymer-framed pistol. In a world without spare parts, my sidearm would be a H&K design in .45ACP...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
In a world without spare parts, my sidearm would be a H&K design in .45ACP
Classic. I am totally stealing that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Classic. I am totally stealing that.
And, for the record, Mr. Greg Bell, the rifle I would carry in the 'no-spare-parts-world', would be the H&K G3 (H&K 91 commercial)...

A delayed blow-back roller-block main battle rifle (built in the high quality of a H&K design) with no possibility of gas tube fouling doesn't have any reason to stop going bang unlike tube designs. And seeing that it's over-built like most H&K products, small parts don't break. You can treat the H&K G3 like the 'red-headed stepchild' of blond-haired parents and it still won't let you down. I can easily state - with total confidence - that the H&K91 is more reliable than the ergonomically challenged AK-47, and to some people, that's saying alot...

In the 'no-spare-parts-world', H&K gets the nod from me for both sidearm and rifle. In a spare parts world, however, I carry a 1911 Government and whatever main battle rifle I feel good about that day. Today, it's going to be a Springfield Armory M1A and a Colt Delta...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts