HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received these in the mail, a bit earlier than I thought.

Rather wait to next week, I'd thought I share some pics now. NEXT week is when I should try these out in a USPc .45. So you all may have to wait a little bit.

But just looking at these mags, I can't imagine why they wouldn't work on a USP Compact .45. It's the same thing except longer and with a wickedly extended floorplate.

I'm glad Hk decided to go with this floorplate design, as we've seen some prototype floorplate for the HK45C that I personally wasn't too thrilled with. But if you don't like it, at least you can do that Hk trick and stand the pistol on the floorplate, upright and on a table. ;)

Hk factory label:

Mag & bag:

.45 ACP:

Bottom shot:

Lips:

Front lips:

Double:

Made in Germany:

Now all I need, is the Gun:

That's $0.25 from each of you for viewing. :390:

Thanx,

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Good stuff. Those will be a nice treat for USP compact .45 owners. I almost bought a USP compact tac earlier today in a moment of insanity.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greg...and thanks for your regular Hk pistol "evaluations". ;)

I just noticed this myself after seeing my own pics on the screen...Duh(!!). :rolleyes:

But, the flooplate clearly has markings saying "USP.45C", I take that to mean USPc .45. It is also marked in conjunction with "HK45C".

I guess then, Hk has put their seal of approval on these mags being authorized for use in USPc .45's also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ran these same mags in my USP Compact Tactical yesterday - they work great and are merely extended versions of the same old USP Compact .45 mags. Thanks to HK for building their new .45 on an existing mag platform!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't really care for that floor plate. So let me get this strait. There are two mags available. One for the HK45 (which is normal) and one for the HK45c (which has the weird floor plate)?

After seeing that I would probably just get the stock HK45 mags

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't really care for that floor plate. So let me get this strait. There are two mags available. One for the HK45 (which is normal) and one for the HK45c (which has the weird floor plate)?

After seeing that I would probably just get the stock HK45 mags
no there are regular 8 round mags for the HK45compact. Those are the 10 round versions that fit flush with the HK45c

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pictures quikz. Where did you get them and how much?
I got these from CDNN. But supply runs out quick right now. Price is ~$45 with VERY reasonable shipping, ground.

These are what I believe Hk considers as an accessory. So if you were to buy the 2008 HK45 Compact, you'd prolly just get two typical EIGHT round USP Compact .45 magazines with the gun. All this TEN round stuff is just a longer mag body.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Those mags are the full size HK45 mags with a floor plate that extends up the body to fill in the gap when used in the HK45C or the USP45C. They might not look like much until you put them in the pistol and find it fits like it was made for it (it says HK45C and USPC on the floor plate), and it was.
Nice thing is I put a JF on my USPC .45 and of course no mags fit except the 12 round mag I made from two 8 round mags. I gambled that the HK45C mags would work with the JF and after trimming off the top of the floor plate above the shelf they fit perfectly and work with the JF on the USPC 45. Pics to come later. So now we have JF mags for the USPC .45. Sweeeet!
Trimming the mags is the easy part. Making the JF fit is more a challenge.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, as promised i got a pic of the new HK45C 10-round mag with a USPc .45 and with a stainless slide. I shoot guns and not pictures, so I HAD to use a cell phone pic in this situation:

Tried to cycle rounds with the HK45C in the USPc .45 and it is FLAWLESS.

The USPc .45 8-rounders' feed lips etc., are completely IDENTICAL. But this HK45c mag was designed for both guns anyways.

Also, the gun felt great in our hands and balances exceptionally well. Hate to say it, but it fits like a glove. Since Glock, Sig and ALOT of the other mfr's are offering stock mag extensions, Why not Hk as well? Thanks Hk for finally offering this 10-round option on an important gun like the USPc .45.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That doesn't really look like a mag extension since you can clearly see the HK mag has a full mag body that holds 10 rounds. It looks more like the A&G grip extenders that are available to fit the longer Glock mags into the smaller frames and fill up the unsightly gaps between the two. Unfortunately, this one just doesn't seem to do much for me - I personally think they look fugly in the USPc .45 and won't be buying any for myself. Hooray! More for you guys!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn does that look horribly ugly, I love HK but not the way they designed that monster, yuck! (IMHO) I am sure they could have made it with more contour...or something... Well the most important thing it works!

·
Registered
472 Posts
New floorplates......

Kind of resembles a cordless drill motor with a battery pack attached. I love HK's, but they missed with this design. How would you conceal this thing?

Regards;

ARKAY

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would just get the standard HK45 mags. I like the look without the bumper better.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm not a fan, it looks to bulky. Not worth it just to add 2 rounds.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts