HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started with just a standard USP and added everything I wanted. The muzzle brake is kind of just really a novelty, not sure if it actually works well but I like it.. Before when I would shoot about 30 rounds, my fiber optic front site was getting dirty too quick and would go dull. Hopefully between the brake and longer threaded barrel it will take care of it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Are those crenelations on the muzzle break designed as an impact weapon to be used as a last resort should the owner run out of bullets? Seems like those things would hurt if jabbed on a pressure point. I like it. I like the magwell especially. Always wished someone would make a custom magwell for the HK45.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Are those crenelations on the muzzle break designed as an impact weapon to be used as a last resort should the owner run out of bullets? Seems like those things would hurt if jabbed on a pressure point. I like it. I like the magwell especially. Always wished someone would make a custom magwell for the HK45.
IIRC, that style of muzzle break was originally made for breaching shotguns to get a fixed index on doors.

Even then, it's kind of a novelty. Breaching shotguns worked just fine for years without it, and continue to work fine without it. Maybe there's an application I'm not familiar with, all of my dynamic entry training revolved around rams, hammers, explosives and vehicles.

·
Registered
234 Posts
IIRC, that style of muzzle break was originally made for breaching shotguns to get a fixed index on doors.
I know this. I dismissed this immediately though, since it's on a pistol. I suppose one can try to breach a door with a pistol, but let it be someone that's not me. hah

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I know this. I dismissed this immediately though, since it's on a pistol. I suppose one can try to breach a door with a pistol, but let it be someone that's not me. hah
People saw it on the breaching guns and just thought it was cool, so they started putting the design on their pistols and rifles. Nothing to do with breaching on these weapons, it's just cool.

Still, I guess you could use it to make an indexed insertion on someone's eyeball before you pull the trigger. :) I carry AIWB though, so I don't think it'd be very comfortable for me to carry! :wink:

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Very unique MB you have screwed on there. Whose barrel are you using? HK Tactical .40sw?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Boats N Hoe's...and that gun :)

Thats great, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely not a door breecher but those things are sharp! For home defense, if you couldn't get a shot out and you had to pistol slap the dude he would need a plastic surgeon.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Daaayyyum dat gat b poppin yo!

...but seriously, totally impractical but still pretty cool. Congrats!
LOL…

Neat, as long as YOU like it :wink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bet that MB would put hell on a holster!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts