HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

TBostic comes through again with a beautiful Job adding a Pistol Grip & MagPul PRS-2 to my original SL8 Stock...

Still have to figure out what my glass is going to be, do have a line on a nice Leupold, I'll be sending out my barrel to get threaded (Form also in progress on that) for the AAC 762-SDN-6 I have on the way.... Good start to a nice long gun project though... Very happy with his work, and anything is better then that DUMB ASS - THUMB HOLE original stock.

Anywho, should make for a nice long gun.

Tom - Thanks so much for the super fast & great service. Glad that you are back at it...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Wow, that is very nice. I'm going to need to buy another sl8...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Warp, that's an awesome looking SL8.

Tom, what's required to mate the Magpul PRS2 with the SL8? From the looks of it I presume a Magpul stock and the original SL8 thumb hole stock, then you add the grip....right? If so, then I've got all the materials to send to you to make it happen. Let me know and I'll send a PM, thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
As long as you were having Tom do the work on the gun, why didn't you have him thread the barrel as well? Just wondering.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sent him the stock and the parts. Not in a hurry really. Won't have suppressors for 6 - months anyways.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Warp, that's an awesome looking SL8.

Tom, what's required to mate the Magpul PRS2 with the SL8? From the looks of it I presume a Magpul stock and the original SL8 thumb hole stock, then you add the grip....right? If so, then I've got all the materials to send to you to make it happen. Let me know and I'll send a PM, thanks!
Thanks. Thrilled with how it feels. Much more comfy and adjustable on the stock. Worth every penny.

Heres the grip I sent as well. Hard plastic not rubberized.
http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=1019

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - using Skynet

·
Registered
36 Posts
THAT'S what an SL8 should look like! NIIIiiiice lookin' rifle there, Warpdrv! TBostic sure does great work. Please give us a range report when you've had a chance to take 'er for a spin.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
THAT'S what an SL8 should look like! NIIIiiiice lookin' rifle there, Warpdrv! TBostic sure does great work. Please give us a range report when you've had a chance to take 'er for a spin.
Thanks rnprice.... yours was the first I saw and my inspiration, had to take it a step further with the Magpul stock after seeing tiger888's build when searching for more builds like that...
Appreciate all your help with Q&A behind the lines... I've decided to leave the unit using factory mags, as it'll only be a slow precision machine...
I have plenty of mags to keep me occupied for the few hours I'll be puttin rounds down range...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What 922r parts?
Always got to be debbie downer hey Ubetit.... :8::wink:
Still workin on the all the parts to get it fully 922
Got the U.S. piston and op rod, promags (not pictured). Need to figure out the last piece of the puzzle that won't break the bank, suggestions are welcome.

Warp! Turned out awesome, bro! Tommy does some sweet stuff.
Thank you sir... No question it came out nicely...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Aren't the grip and stock both US made?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Looks great. I bought a stock from Tom also just have not had time to switch it over yet. Tom does do great work.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Always got to be debbie downer hey Ubetit.... :8::wink:
Still workin on the all the parts to get it fully 922..
Just keeping you you out of the slammer my hk brotha. :)

I was shooting next to a guy a few months ago with a clone which turned out to be an MKE 94p. He had a stock and a what looked to be a utg forearm on it. When asked how else he met his 922r U.S. parts count, he said "what's that?"

I explained and he said that was the dumbest thing he ever heard. I agree but that didn't change the facts.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
It counts as at least one. If the grip is non removable it won't count.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I bought my suppressors today, and the Wait begins....

Ordered a Osprey 45 for all my HK handguns...

Ordered an AAC 762-SDN-6 for my HK PSG-8 & Bushmaster ACR 5.56 / 300BLK & whatever other long gun I'll be running in the future.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts