HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PTR91 102 (18" heavy barrel, aluminum handguard), a few accessories, and have made a few small modifications.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

I set it up like a DMR, with a medium power scope on medium rings after removing the rear sight. I was looking for a Cherokee cheek riser - but it looks like they are no longer producing them. I am using a Victor cheek riser with 2 shim plates, which works well if the scope is mounted low.

Also added a Hogue HandAll universal small grip cover. I refinished the mismatched anodized handguard to more closely match the receiver, and also refinished a couple surplus steel mags that were slightly rusted. Purchased a HK charging handle and larger buttstock pad also.

Thanks to everyone here for all the information about the roller-delayed blowback design. I have disassembled, checked, and lubed the bolt assembly and confirmed the bolt gap is in-spec.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since no one else has complimented that fine-looking gun, allow me . . also the owner of a 102. I bought the model as it was the only one available at that moment, but glad it turned out that way as I’ve come to appreciate working with what I hope it’s best suited to be (DMR).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I had a chance to take it out for the first time this weekend, and I wasn't disappointed.

I'll post my results of some ammo testing in another thread I started about ammo/accuracy -

Please join in with any results and targets if you have them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice rifle! Great job!
Thanks!

Really enjoyable to shoot with the DMR-style set-up.

I guess I became a fan of the design.

Recently picked up a Cetme C project rifle that I'm working on. Former "truck gun" that developed some functioning issues, which I have resolved. Also nice shooter. No idea why people think they are rough to shoot.

Working on finding some replacement parts to get it back to its original "battle rifle" configuration.

If anyone has any Cetme C parts for sale, mainly wood furniture, please PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts