HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend promised me a gift last january. yesterday his assistant gave me paper bag, and inside a case which looks all too familiar. my heart was pumping... i looked into the bag when i got on a cab, indeed an HK!!!! it's a p2000sk 9x19mm, v2. date code AE. does this have a new style firing pin already? do i need to change anything?

i shot it and found it shoots like a dream! shoots a little high but fine. i could shoot faster bill drills than with my S&W 9mm! i plan to bring it to the next ipsc match and shoot production, just to make my buddies cry. im almost sure i could beat them, who sport cz production machines. 2 of my budddies are sporting spanking new cz tacticals. cant wait to find mags and a good rig.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, the HK plastic case was inside a paper bag :) i met the man in a gun store, he found out i'm an army officer and we began to chat. later he asked if i was in the store to buy and said i shouldn't because he's just gonna give me one of his guns instead - because he's already growing old. 3 months, after losing hope, i got a call (yesterday). ahw man, i cant get over it til now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow! I knew my friends were cheap! Just kidding, some of them may be reading this. Seriously, congratulations! I have a P2K 9mm V2 as well and it really is a great all purpose pistol that won't ever let you down. Now grab a P30 and a 45c to go with it! Very happy for you!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it really seems too good to be true... im in tears... it's date code AE. the breech face shows it hasn't been shot more than 500 perhaps. its soooo nice, really a cute, ugly duckling pistol. Hes really just an acquaintance, i talked to him in a mall while he was looking for a .380 pistol for his daughter who is currently the city mayor. he found out i'm an army officer and suddenly said hes gonna give me something. woweeee!

·
Registered
759 Posts
it's a p2000sk 9x19mm, v2. date code AE. does this have a new style firing pin already? do i need to change anything?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AE would have the old style firing pin so, if you change it to light LEM (v1), you need to use the "old style" firing pin block spring (part number 214192) versus the new one (part number 209296). The light Trigger Return Spring is the same. If you want to change out the firing pin, I believe you would also have to change out the Firing Pin Block and the Firing Pin Block Spring.

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
yes, the HK plastic case was inside a paper bag :) i met the man in a gun store, he found out i'm an army officer and we began to chat. later he asked if i was in the store to buy and said i shouldn't because he's just gonna give me one of his guns instead - because he's already growing old. 3 months, after losing hope, i got a call (yesterday). ahw man, i cant get over it til now.
Sorry, I thought that the sidearm was just placed in the paper bag (gave me thoughts of a "throw-down")!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
it shoots so good, i shot 85 grain frangibles this morning. it put a wide smile on my face. 1 10 rd mag, 10 yards ipsc mini target, 0.5 sec intervals. 9 alpha 1 charlie (left)

BTW, the pistol came with an A-zoom in the chamber. wow, he even thought of that!

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol Kababayan!

All P-series pistols will have the new-style firing pin block. It was only the pre-2005 USP's that used the older style FPB.

·
Registered
35 Posts
...if you are going to shoot it a lot - esp in competition...you may want to consider an X-Grip for comfort. I conceal cary mine without it - but long range sessions, I'm using the XGrip and then finish up with a few mags 'normal'.

HK P2000sk | XGRIP

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey! i have a kababayan here! you seem to have a lot of HKs... are you in the country? i'm having trouble sourcing parts, i want a lighter spring for my USPt, and magazines for my P2000sk.

choinga, im afraid the x-grip wont be legal for ipsc production. im just gonna shoot the p2000sk in small local matches, just to spite local shooters sporting big and heavy 9mms. i cant wait to see the looks in their faces. LOL

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congratulations on such a nice gift--- I need more friends like that!!! :eek:
Paper bag--- really? :confused::biggrin:

Tony
Seriously! Lol great friend.

Congrats budd!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts