HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I was notified via email that Atlantic had PTR’s back in stock, and I went to take a look and nearly pulled the trigger, but I’m really a fan of the Omega OM-9FS I own, and I really like the MAD Max bolt, so I hesitated. My wife asked me what I was thinking about, and I showed her the ad (I’m fortunate that my wife fully supports my hobby) and I explained to her that I really wanted to get a K, but that this one didn’t have the MAD Max bolt that the Omegas come with. She told me that if I’m going to spend that kind of money, it might as well be for the one I really want. I went to the Omega page on Atlantic’s site, and it was still out of stock. I sighed. I figured it’d be a while, so I would wait. Then, less than week later, I receive another email from Atlantic: The Omega OM-9K was in stock.
Another Sigh.
So I pulled the trigger without hesitation. Less than a week later, it was in my hands. I immediately put a folding brace on it, and I can’t be happier with it.
The workmanship and quality is exactly like my OM-9FS, which is to say, beautiful. The welds are very nice and clean, the finish nearly flawless, and everything fits together perfectly. The only difficulty I had was in fitting the brace into the rear of the main body, but that seems to be more an SB thing as nearly every story I’ve read about people putting SB’s on their roller lock firearms has some sort of sanding, filing, or modifying.
Posts like these are worthless without photos, so I’ll post some here that were taken with my iPhone. When my D7500 returns from service, I’ll get better photos with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am new on this site- just picked up (and shipped back) an omega as well. can i PM on here? wanting to ask you some questions about yours.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i am new on this site- just picked up (and shipped back) an omega as well. can i PM on here? wanting to ask you some questions about yours.
I think you have to have at least five posts to be able to PM. Make sure they are of substance or they will probably get nuked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Feel free to PM me when you are able. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Took another photo with my iPhone with my OM-9K on some of my gear that I was letting dry after a wet weekend at Fort Hood. I have a lot of detailed photos to post, but Tapatalk only allows me one photo at a time in the app, so I’ll wait until I am at a computer to upload the other shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would not be advisable without an approved Form 1 for an SBR or AOW
Yeah, I think I might SBR both my Omegas. I didn't really want to at first, but now I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea. Also, since e-filing is working now, it looks like times are greatly reduced. After they are approved, both will get actual stocks and yes, the K will get the handguard with the grip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts