HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the USC 2 years ago (or was it 3?) Either way, I loved the rifle but wanted to do the UMP conversion but had to wait to save the funds.

I was able to buy all the parts late last summer and then dropped it off at the gunsmith in Oct, 2016.

Fast forward to yesterday and I was able to pick it up. I will be heading to the range in about 2 hours and will get to shoot it for the first time in a long time. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out and can't wait to get to the range.

USC before with a crappy Pro Mag: (I sold them on Gunbroker for $1 each :eek: )

UMP conversion done:

I will leave it as is with the exception of putting a sling on it. If I were ever to buy a 2nd one then I'd consider doing that one as an SBR.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fade2Blk,

A new (folding) stock, the mag well was cut/enlarged to accommodate the double stack mags, a new lower and a sling (I added that after I took the pics of the finished UMP.) The parts I had to buy were: folding stock and pin, new UMP lower and a stub, which holds the folding stock to the upper.

Total cost for the parts I had to buy is right around $500 if I remember correctly. I like your Avatar BTW. I've been an Ozzy fan since I was 5 years old.

Here's my first 25 rounds at 25 feet. The rifle fires great and is even better than I remember.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Maybe next time list your HK related stuff here on the forum before GB. Would have been nice to have a crack at those promags. I actually like them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks JMN, now I understand the UMP conversion. Very nice weapon!
Thank you! It's my favorite rifle. Granted I don't own a ton, but it's still my favorite.

Very nice - I still regret selling mine years ago. Enjoy.
Thank you. This is one of the few firearms that have actually appreciated in value that I can think of.

Maybe next time list your HK related stuff here on the forum before GB. Would have been nice to have a crack at those promags. I actually like them.
Will do. I tried using them and they kept jamming and were actually pushing the bullets into the brass. I've never seen anything like it and I've been shooting for over 25 years.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Thank you Sir! I know they have problems. I like to tinker with the springs!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats. My conversion is still in jail from a private seller.
That sucks. I've fought with myself whether I should tell the whole story of my conversion process and have decided it's probably better to just leave the story off of the web.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent build!!! :biggrin:

Tony
Thank you! It's my favorite rifle and it's not even close. I was actually just asked by a friend if I'd take him and his other friend shooting this coming weekend so they can try it out. I guess I have an excuse to go shooting again;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
That Is really sweet rifle!!!!!!

Are going to SBR it ??

The cheapest I found HK USC is 1300$, on Armslist! they sell real fast!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That Is really sweet rifle!!!!!!

Are going to SBR it ??

The cheapest I found HK USC is 1300$, on Armslist! they sell real fast!
Thank you. I will leave this as is. If I were to ever come across one again I'd SBR that one; and if I were to find one for $1,300 I'd snatch it right up as that is an excellent price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts