HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it...I have been sitting on the parts for almost a month. I just didn't have the time to commit to doing it properly until today. All in all, I spent about 4 hours on it, although it easily could have been done much quicker. I decided to take my time on the finishing and just enjoy the project. Everything I read on here about the difficulty of those pesky springs in the lower was extremely accurate LOL. I used a dremel on the mag cutout and had no problem, I just took it very slow--probably only 1/100 of an inch taken off each pass. I function checked it and everything works :) I am gonna try my best to get it to the range tomorrow.

If you have been thinking about doing this one--GET ON IT!!! I'm far from a mechanical genius and it wasn't that hard

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured I might as well show a few "in progress" pics too:

lower parts

stock block fitting

mag well enlarging

the before shot...with my other .45 (Kimber)

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Looks nice. I like your USC carbine because it has all blacked out lettering on the upper. More recent date coded USC carbines have white lettering.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Here's what mine looks like. Lacquer Stik doesn't work because the lettering is too shallow.

Are you going to mill the vents eventually?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, definitely gonna go for the vents...just deciding who to outsource that job to, as i don't think I can do it perfectly

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your UMP conversion looks awesome! It is on my "to do" list! Out of curiosity, how much of the barrel is exposed? I would want to add a faux suppressor, but I'm guessing it would be at least 9" long?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your UMP conversion looks awesome! It is on my "to do" list! Out of curiosity, how much of the barrel is exposed? I would want to add a faux suppressor, but I'm guessing it would be at least 9" long?
its about 8.5-9" exposed

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very nice. My AA date code USC should be finished next week at the latest. Have you had the opportunity to shoot it yet? Any plans to sbr?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice. My AA date code USC should be finished next week at the latest. Have you had the opportunity to shoot it yet? Any plans to sbr?
I shot it when it was a USC and LOVED IT...but not since the conversion...

and yes, my next project is to get the SBR paperwork completed and mailed in the next month or so and eventually get a suppressor for it too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts