HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...a 1911

I have had my USP for many moons and its always been a good shooter and I could beat most shooters who challenged me and my 'Euro crap' pistol with whatever they had.I know a lot of this is skill as opposed to gun but I never though id beat its with a 1911. I have held HK on a pedestal as the finest gun man can make until this weekend-

I took my USP and my new to me 'Loaded' 1911 from SA to the range.

My HK performed flawlessly and accuratley as usual

The problem is my 1911 outperformed it and was noticeably more accurate

I was shocked and now my HK has been relegated to the safe :( and I think it depressed me...

Help! LoL :90:

Ol' busted-

New hotness-

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like the shooter is more accurate with the SA/caliber of a 1911 than with the USP40. Doesn't look to matter with the guns themselves - but post some pics of the 1911.

I am guessing the 1911 is 45? 45ACP > 40S&W

Everyone loves the 1911....and pictures too boot!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Probably had alot to do with the calibers. .45 is more of a slow but hard shove, while the .40 is admittedly more snap to it. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
70 Posts
...a 1911

I have had my USP for many moons and its always been a good shooter and I could beat most shooters who challenged me and my 'Euro crap' pistol with whatever they had.I know a lot of this is skill as opposed to gun but I never though id beat its with a 1911. I have held HK on a pedestal as the finest gun man can make until this weekend-

I took my USP and my new to me 'Loaded' 1911 from SA to the range.

My HK performed flawlessly and accuratley as usual

The problem is my 1911 outperformed it and was noticeably more accurate

I was shocked and now my HK has been relegated to the safe :( and I think it depressed me...

Help! LoL :90:

The 1911 has more potential to be a more accurate weapon. That's what it does. Toss them both in the mud and see which one you perfer then. The USP is a combat Handgun. It is made to shoot accurately after being carried throuh Hell and back again. Super high tolerance 1911's live for competition shooting. But few can keep up with the USP in the slop. Looser 1911's do ok at it... but they are no where near as tight as the accurized versions. The 1911 is an easy weapon to shoot well also. It's hard to beat the SA trigger of the 1911. I can promise you the USP will be more reliable in a wider range of conditions though. That's what the USP does.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:confused:
Sounds like the shooter is more accurate with the SA/caliber of a 1911 than with the USP40. Doesn't look to matter with the guns themselves - but post some pics of the 1911.

I am guessing the 1911 is 45? 45ACP > 40S&W

Everyone loves the 1911....and pictures too boot!
Added them to the OP

Probably had alot to do with the calibers. .45 is more of a slow but hard shove, while the .40 is admittedly more snap to it. Just my .02 cents.
Im guessing maybe its the size of the grip and possibly the great trigger on the 1911, still kinda shook my world up so to speak

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1911 has more potential to be a more accurate weapon. That's what it does. Toss them both in the mud and see which one you perfer then. The USP is a combat Handgun. It is made to shoot accurately after being carried throuh Hell and back again. Super high tolerance 1911's live for competition shooting. But few can keep up with the USP in the slop. Looser 1911's do ok at it... but they are no where near as tight as the accurized versions. The 1911 is an easy weapon to shoot well also. It's hard to beat the SA trigger of the 1911. I can promise you the USP will be more reliable in a wider range of conditions though. That's what the USP does.

This isnt even a custom or high end 1911, its just a 'loaded' model from SA, like one step above standard GI, though you make some really good points

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's no doubt that the 1911 will outshoot the USP when working properly. There a reason why the 1911 dominates IPSC Open and Limited divisions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My 1911 gets along fine with my HKs. .45 all the way!

1911s are accurate guns so no worries about your USP. Maybe it is time to try out a USP Expert or Mark 23 though.....

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I know you guys love your MK 23's but I will never understand why. Just to clarify however; it is a damn sexy firearm!

I have fired the SOCOM with the AAC EVO .45 and although the gun was accurate and everything it is freaking gigantic.

I love the .45 caliber, even though it doesnt supress as well as 9mm.

That is a beautiful 1911. I have the Colt 1911 WWI reproduction and I shocked at how accurate I am with that pistol, crisp SA trigger and smooth action.

The person that posted earlier is exactly correct. .40 SW is one hell of snappy recoil but a great all around deadly round. If you want the job done however reach for a .45 ACP in my opinion. Thats why I love the USP Tactical .45. I thing that is the best platform for a tactical approach of to the .45 ACP cartridge. The HK45 may be the improvement over that USP TAC, I will know when I buy one as that and the P30 is next on my short list of purchases.
MY USP AND EVO 9, very quiet and accurate...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know you guys love your MK 23's but I will never understand why. Just to clarify however; it is a damn sexy firearm!

I have fired the SOCOM with the AAC EVO .45 and although the gun was accurate and everything it is freaking gigantic.

I love the .45 caliber, even though it doesnt supress as well as 9mm.

That is a beautiful 1911. I have the Colt 1911 WWI reproduction and I shocked at how accurate I am with that pistol, crisp SA trigger and smooth action.

The person that posted earlier is exactly correct. .40 SW is one hell of snappy recoil but a great all around deadly round. If you want the job done however reach for a .45 ACP in my opinion. Thats why I love the USP Tactical .45. I thing that is the best platform for a tactical approach of to the .45 ACP cartridge. The HK45 may be the improvement over that USP TAC, I will know when I buy one as that and the P30 is next on my short list of purchases.
MY USP AND EVO 9, very quiet and accurate...
The size doesn't bother me, I'm 6'2" and have large hands. To me it is the ultimate combat handgun because of:

1. Incredible accuracy
2. Build incredibly tough, will NOT break or jam (some even fire .45 Super through it)
3. Will last in harsh environments
4. Is suppressor ready
5. A 6" polygonal barrel really boosts up the velocity on a .45 ACP nicely, and the gun holds 12+1

Can't find any other pistols that can boast all of the above. Nice 1911, don't see too many non-A1 types these days. I also plan on getting a USP .45 Tactical for my collection as well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
As you can see by my on line name I'm a fan of the 1911. I have full size USPs' in .40 and .45. The .45 is a Tactical Model and it shoots as good as my custom 1911ssss' when the Tactical is shot SA. The .40 is a regular USP and recoil is snappy. Get yourself a Tactical .45 and you'll love both your HK and 1911.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This isnt even a custom or high end 1911, its just a 'loaded' model from SA, like one step above standard GI, though you make some really good points
They don't call it loaded for no reason. But even the "GI" is a little tighter in fit than a lot of the old wartime colts. Those older colts handled well under poor conditions because they had a little slop. It's a balancing act, just the right amount of slop will give you a weapon that is both accurate and reliable. The loaded Springer is a fine weapon, but it won't plow through mud, sand, and dirt like the USP will and keep on shooting. I see lots of guys with their 1911s in plastic or nylon bags at matches to keep them free of dust. Now I think that is overkill and they are maybe over reacting... but they do it for a reason. I'm not knocking the 1911, it's a fine weapon in any variant. And they are known for their accuracy. But I have yet to find one that can match the USP in Accuracy/Reliability/Capacity. I have seen plenty that will beat the USP in one or maybe two categories... but not all three. And all three are important, to me at least.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My first handgun was a USP40c($680). My last handgun is a Kimber Team Match II 45($1250). I left the price comparison on here in case anyone doesn't know. I am selling my Kimber because I don't shoot it as good as I thought I would. I am way more accurate and comfortable with my HK. It's time for a full size HK! The hand placement and trigger pull are very different with these two firearms but accuracy mainly comes down to the individual shooter when comparing such different designs.

Oh yeah and don't forget to lube all the right places, i.e. trigger assemblies, because it will smooth out your trigger pull maybe enough to where you shoot the HK better. My buddy has an XD40 and I owned an HS2000(pre XD) so I know what the trigger pull should be like(Glock). His XD trigger was atrocious. I disassembled the XD and looked at the trigger assembly, dry as hell. We dropped a dab(applied small amount with Q-tip) of break free on certain parts and what a difference.

Good luck

T

·
0 Posts
I'd assume the 1911 has a longer sight radius which obviously make aiming easier, not to mention the superior trigger design. John Browning was an absolute genius when it came to firearms design and a man way ahead of his time. Alot of his stuff has yet to be improved on. Personally I love my USP but it'll never have as good a trigger as a 1911. The basic design of the USP trigger just can't compare.
Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
36 Posts
The 1911 has no reliability problems if you respect the Genius of JMB; it was never intended to be a super tight target gun or to shoot anything but ball-ammo. If you shoot ball-ammo in a standard Springer or Kimber, you will rewarded with a super reliable gun as well. Just ask the US Military, FBI HRT, and numerous other elite military units that continue to issue and use this venerable weapon. I like the way the ol'H&K Koolaid tastes too, but get your facts straight(no flame intended); Nothing wrong with a 1911; and with a trigger pull that a USP only dreams of, the above results do not surprise.

·
Registered
383 Posts
As some have mentioned your comparing apples to oranges.

There's a reason 1911's are used almost exclusively in competition shooting.

There's a reason HK's, Sig's, Glocks etc. are used almost exclusively in the 'field'.

They're just different guns.

Not to mention the .45auto is a very accurate round. By nature it is sub-sonic, which makes for a very consistant round.

The .40sw is a great round, my favorite along with it's big brother the 10mm, but it was never designed as a target round. It was designed to kill things, and it works well in that capacity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts