·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS is my USP.45 PROJECT here's the list of mods:
-MATCH TRIGGER KIT
-TFO SIGHTS
-HK TACTICAL BARREL
-EFK FIRE DRAGON PORTED BARREL(HAND FITTED HOOD POLISHED RAMP)
-SURE FIRE RAIL ADAPTER
-VIRIDIAN X5L GEN.2
-PACHMAYR SLIP ON GRIP
-HK45 AMBY SAFETY/DEC LEVERS
-CUSTOM 2 TONE POLISHED FINISH
Besides this mods every internal part has been polished to an almost mirror finish including the inside of the slide that step alone reduced trigger weight and improved the overall feel of the gun a great deal it takes a lot of hrs but definitely worth it!!
I WOULD APPRECIATE AND ENJOY ANY INPUT FROM YOU GUYS LIKES OR DISLIKES SUGGESTIONS TIPS AND OR TRICKS!!!

(TRIED POSTING PICS BUT IT SEEMS I'M NOT ALLOWED!!)

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Sounds like a nice project! We want photos! =)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
THIS is my USP.45 PROJECT here's the list of mods:
-MATCH TRIGGER KIT
-TFO SIGHTS
-HK TACTICAL BARREL
-EFK FIRE DRAGON PORTED BARREL(HAND FITTED HOOD POLISHED RAMP)
-SURE FIRE RAIL ADAPTER
-VIRIDIAN X5L GEN.2
-PACHMAYR SLIP ON GRIP
-HK45 AMBY SAFETY/DEC LEVERS
-CUSTOM 2 TONE POLISHED FINISH
Besides this mods every internal part has been polished to an almost mirror finish including the inside of the slide that step alone reduced trigger weight and improved the overall feel of the gun a great deal it takes a lot of hrs but definitely worth it!!
I WOULD APPRECIATE AND ENJOY ANY INPUT FROM YOU GUYS LIKES OR DISLIKES SUGGESTIONS TIPS AND OR TRICKS!!!

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
I just noticed they're starting to get dark i wonder if the wax(renaissance) i use has anything to do with that?
Couldn't tell you, mine never lasted long enough to get age on them. I had three different sets break on one of my Glocks in one shooting season and TruGlo's warranty is awful. It's an example of an excellent concept, poorly executed. They simply will not hold up to actual use.

Your OP was misleading, didn't know you already finished the project. I read it as you were seeking input. As for the Viridian, between you and Rhino - I'm going to have to get me one. They look nice and I'm looking to put one on my second HK45 Compact.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Couldn't tell you, mine never lasted long enough to get age on them. I had three different sets break on one of my Glocks in one shooting season and TruGlo's warranty is awful. It's an example of an excellent concept, poorly executed. They simply will not hold up to actual use.

Your OP was misleading, didn't know you already finished the project. I read it as you were seeking input. As for the Viridian, between you and Rhino - I'm going to have to get me one. They look nice and I'm looking to put one on my second HK45 Compact.
1 Have you ever heard of a "finished" project!?? any input is good!! as the tfo go I've put about 1,500 rds with them on no issues with the sight itself they're still in one piece but i have noticed that the tritium is not as bright as it used to they've only being on the gun 4 about a year. So I'm definitely looking in to replacing them if any one has experience with the HK original adjustable night sight would be good to know about them b4 spending $175 on them!

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Viridian is making a name for themselves finally, my co-workers dad works there in Minnesota, and feeds me all the insider stuff coming out. Is the slide stainless or was it taken down to 'the white'?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your OP was misleading, didn't know you already finished the project. I read it as you were seeking input. As for the Viridian, between you and Rhino - I'm going to have to get me one. They look nice and I'm looking to put one on my second HK45 Compact.[/QUOTE]

The VIRIDIAN was the most expensive part of the project but man I got my $$$ worth it is an awesome tool it holds zero like nothing I've tried b4 and i tried a few including the x400 second best in my opinion and only because the green laser is way brighter in daylight!! and the strobe light will make you puke in a few seconds!! lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Viridian is making a name for themselves finally, my co-workers dad works there in Minnesota, and feeds me all the insider stuff coming out. Is the slide stainless or was it taken down to 'the white'?
The gun was originally hk black I just polished the sides of the slide with "MOTHER'S" mixed with "WHITE DIAMOND" taped the top so the finish will remain intact. It took long hrs but I think it looks awesome and besides it show the craftsmanship HK puts into building this guns I did not have to sand any part of the slide everything was done by hand no machines of any kind involved the SS surface under the"HK HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT FINISH" is flawless i was amazed!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The gun was originally hk black I just polished the sides of the slide with "MOTHER'S" mixed with "WHITE DIAMOND" taped the top so the finish will remain intact. It took long hrs but I think it looks awesome and besides it show the craftsmanship HK puts into building this guns I did not have to sand any part of the slide everything was done with rags no machines of any king involved the SS surface under the"HK HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT FINISH" is flawless i was amazed!
FYI. It's not stainless.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Hey Kost! Have you asked your friend when they are going to release USP-specific mounting rails? They've had this on their website for about a year and half...

Note: Additional mounting options available in 2011 (Rail Sets specifically designed for your Viridian C5 Series or X5L Gen 2 equipped H&K USP).

BTW JCACV2, your USP45 project gun looks fantastic!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Kost! Have you asked your friend when they are going to release USP-specific mounting rails? They've had this on their website for about a year and half...

Note: Additional mounting options available in 2011 (Rail Sets specifically designed for your Viridian C5 Series or X5L Gen 2 equipped H&K USP).

BTW JCACV2, your USP45 project gun looks fantastic!
THANKS!! & yeah I have check the viridian website and there's no mention of the rails in the 2012 catalog I can't wait to get them!!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ouch, in the white carbon steel, not good.
Well, the nitrocarburizing should still protect it if he only polished the slide.

Not my style, but if it floats your boat then have at it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the nitrocarburizing should still protect it if he only polished the slide.

Not my style, but if it floats your boat then have at it.
Like i said is a project I'm experimenting with the finish a little bit but the goal is to send it out to robar for an np3+ coating when funds become available!! (and if gf don't find out)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts