HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
It just makes me giggle:

Chase
With the exception of the word "giggle", this may possibly be one of the best threads on HKPro. Very nice indeed. Just need a Match Trigger and you're good to go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Sir! I figured, "laugh maniacally" would have been over the top. I have more pics to post after I get my Photobucket act together, like pics of my Raven Concealment holster that carries everything but the suppressor, my six 13, six 15 and two 27 round magazines...

One day I'll get a match trigger.

Chase

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks! I have fired it quite a bit with the Osprey and it's glorious. It's an Osprey 40. I don't own any 45s and have no intention of buying any so I went with the 40 to be as quiet as possible.
Fired dry my ears ring a little bit. With 5 to 10 cc's of water injected into the back of it through the ejection port (I developed a special syringe for this) my ears don't ring at all. There is no point of impact shift.
The magazine is a USP9 31 rounder, which reliably feeds 27 rounds in the USP40.
Chase

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No magazine modification required.
Except for the suppressor and magazine, this is my CCW rig. I carry a 13 round mag in it. My Raven Phantom holster accomodates the Surefire X400.

·
Registered
854 Posts
oh how i wish my state had its head separated from its colon so I could own an Osprey...excellent specimen! Did you snag that Surefire online someplace?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! I actually found the Surefire at a local (Savannah, GA) gun shop for $350. They only had one or else I'd have bought several at that price.

·
Registered
313 Posts
That looks awesome! I have heard the .40 is harder to suppress than the 9mm or .45, but never heard any reasons. Do you find this to be so?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! It's a higher pressure round so it's louder. However I love the power advantage over 9mm and the capacity advantage over .45.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thanks! It's a higher pressure round so it's louder. However I love the power advantage over 9mm and the capacity advantage over .45.
thats why I went with a .40...I have read on the reloading forum I am a member of (brianenos.com) that some guys have come up with a 'recipe' for .40s designed specifically for suppressed weapons...might check it out...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Rad! Love the can

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm pondering it and the logistics of installation plus maybe an ambi control lever.
Chase

1 - 20 of 20 Posts